Insanity results

Options
So I just completed week 3 of insanity and i feel great,. I do notice that Im doing way better during the workouts , not taking so many breaks. Im happy about that but it seems like my weight loss is at a standstill. I think I am eating correctly so im not sure why im at this standstill. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue while doing insanity?

Replies

• BeantownSooner
    Options
    Completely normal. Check your measurements and if you're not doing then start. More than likely replacing fat with lean muscle. They weigh the same but muscle is more dense (i.e. it's smaller in size than fat). Clothes looser, if so, it's working. I've noticed most of the loss comes in month 2.
  • KMA1973
    KMA1973 Posts: 10
    Options
    It happens to everyone. Its called a Plateau. I don't really know the right words to offer any description but I do know that it can happen if your body becomes use to your routine so it thinks it needs to alter its processes to slow the weight loss down. So you might need to change something to shake things up again. Change a little of what you eat, do different exercise routine or add a new one. Say, instead of 15mins of walking, either up the pace or move your goal post to work a little bit further. Walk the dry sand on the beach, add some hills. Or ride a bike instead. These are just some suggestions to change what you're doing.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough as well. Insanity burns mega calories, you don't want to be at a huge deficit.
  • latrece203
    latrece203 Posts: 25
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough as well. Insanity burns mega calories, you don't want to be at a huge deficit.

Maybe im not eating enough. I walk about 4 miles at my job plus lifting so im sure im burning alot there. Im going to play with my intake and not just go by MFP. Thank you guys ill see what happens in the next month :)