dirty dash

Options
tsh0ck
tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
looks like there have been a couple already this year, in utah and spokane. anyone already run or signed up to soon?

Replies

• amyoutdoors
    Options
    I did the warrior dash last September. It was a blast. I have a down and dirty mud run tomorrow at the local military base. Should be fun.
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    Options
    I did the Tough Mudder in April. I thought it was amazing! It definitely challenged me. Good luck finding one in your area.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    yeah, I've got a dirty dash 5K in a couple of weeks. not all that sure what to expect or how I will fare, but I'm gonna give it a go. will be my third 5K of the summer, but first mud run.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Woot, woot! :) I am actually in process of getting ready for a Team BBQ & shirt making for the very same Dirty Dash Billings the OP is doing! :) Team Name? Mud, Sweat & Beers!! We figure that tonight we are training for tne Beer Chugging Station! :)

... I'm not sure if I am excited or nervous... but since they are the same base emotion, who cares! What I love most about these is that tney aren't run for time... at least the Dirty Dash isn't. Thank heavens! :)

See ya there tsh0ck!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    I think you must be confused. if there is a starting line and a finish line, I'm all about the clock.

:)
  • lombrica
    Options
    I think you must be confused. if there is a starting line and a finish line, I'm all about the clock.

That's too bad... I hear its more fun when you are there for fun!! That's why the guys that created it planned the waves & events like they did. So people can do it just for the fun of it!! Have you watched the videos?!? People stop to have mud fights and soak in the mud pits... This one, my friend, isn't supposed to be about the time... maybe we need to work on your ability to have fun and let go of the push once in a while?!? Someone once told me there is such a thing as too much! ;) Besides, you have other 5Ks where you can worry about time and clocks... at this one?!? Worry about mud & beers! And... dodging the water balloons aimed in your direction!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    well, sure. I think the second time I do it? it'll be fun-focused. and I'm not ignoring the fun. but this is a massive challenge in front of me right now, so I'm going at it pretty seriously. I WANT to do well, ya know? and, once I know I can beat this thing, then I can have fun the next go-round.
  • lombrica
    Options
    well, sure. I think the second time I do it? it'll be fun-focused. and I'm not ignoring the fun. but this is a massive challenge in front of me right now, so I'm going at it pretty seriously. I WANT to do well, ya know? and, once I know I can beat this thing, then I can have fun the next go-round.

But then you are missing the WHOLE point of the Dirty Dash... You have other 5Ks that are about time... this one? ISN'T. Not designed, not purposed, not planned... The marketing for Billings is:

"Unless you’ve been in hibernation for the last two years, you've heard the clarion-call of The Dirty Dash. No, it wasn’t the mating call of a moose. It was the starting bugle of the best race in town... hell, maybe the best race on the planet, but who has the time to fact check?

Let’s face it: you’re from Montana. You’re not one of those dainty people from down South drinking a mint julep and placing it on a coaster. You’re not indoors all year on an elliptical. You don't bathe with scented soaps. You run with the salmon and you shower in glacial lakes. You’re grizzly-wrangling, beaver-trapping, blue sky-watching, burly sons ‘a guns, with nothing to lose but your self-respect. And there’s no better way to lose it than by soiling yourself in front of the masses by diving bum-over-noggin’ into heaping piles of USDA Certified filth.

It's time to shed most of your clothes and all of your inhibitions. Stop gargling Listerine and start gurgling a mouth-full of mud.

In the only state where breaking the speed limit gets you a tip of the hat from the local police force instead of a wag of the finger, it’s time to break those same barriers afoot.

Hesitation will leave you pasty white and full of regret so get your team, get your gear, and get ready to soil yourself at The Dirty Dash."

Where in there do you see anything... ANYTHING... that remotely talks about time?!? You are supposed to shed your clothes and inhibitions... you can't be SERIOUS at this event... Go back... watch the video... remember what this is all about! This one? This one isn't about the clock... it's about fun. FUN ONLY!!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    Eh. Different mind set I guess. I will have fun, I am sure. But I will also finish as fast as possible. It's how I roll.
  • lombrica
    Options
    Eh. Different mind set I guess. I will have fun, I am sure. But I will also finish as fast as possible. It's how I roll.

Well, I'm not telling you to go slow... ha! Just to focus on the fun versus the speed... Missoula's is in September! Depending on how our team does and how much fun we have - we all may end up running it again. Though - to be honest? Missoula for a Dirty Dash in September?!? Well... sounds like a real possibilty of a snowy dirty dash - because THAT would be MY luck! ha, ha, ha! ... a week before my Dirty Girl in Colorado too! :)

Anyway - not telling you to go slow... except again, at the water balloon station (mostly because I don't think you'll get there early enough to repay that favor! ha!).

... I love it... that's how you roll. But good for you rolling that way. Perhaps my attitude?!? Just so that I don't get frustrated with myself on some of those obstacles. Apparently, someone reminded me that I have to climb a wall! LOL.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I'm dying to do something like that!!
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I did the one in last month in Spokane (my first) it was great!! Our family will absolutely do it again!

It's fun, silly and liberating~It's not about your time (they don't keep track) or organization, it's about letting go and acting like a kid again!!

EDIT: There is a huge difference between the Dirty Dash and the Warrior Dash/Tough Mudder~Those are much more hardcore, if you are all about "time" maybe you should look into that race.
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    Oh, they definitely keep time. Doesn't look like Spokane is up yet, but Utah is.
  • lombrica
    Options
    I did the one in last month in Spokane (my first) it was great!! Our family will absolutely do it again!

It's fun, silly and liberating~It's not about your time (they don't keep track) or organization, it's about letting go and acting like a kid again!!

EDIT: There is a huge difference between the Dirty Dash and the Warrior Dash/Tough Mudder~Those are much more hardcore, if you are all about "time" maybe you should look into that race.

Yeah... the Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder?!? Holy Heck! Those look TOUGH!! Can't wait for the Dash though... gonna be fun! :)

... what were the obstacles that you ended up doing in Spokane. They are the same for the most part, aren't they?!?
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just signed up to do the Billings Dirty Dash! Soooo excited! I still have a long way to go on my weight loss, but I've come a long way, and totally wanted to do something fun and a little challenging all at once. I've earned it! Good luck, you guys :smile:
  • lombrica
    Options
    I just signed up to do the Billings Dirty Dash! Soooo excited! I still have a long way to go on my weight loss, but I've come a long way, and totally wanted to do something fun and a little challenging all at once. I've earned it! Good luck, you guys :smile:

YAY! Congrats! ... what wave are you in?

Crazy small world that several of us will be doing the DD in Billings! Awesome. :)
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    lombrica- the 11:00 wave :) You??
  • lombrica
    Options
    lombrica- the 11:00 wave :) You??

That very same... pretty sure! :)
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    had to make sure. and the fine dirt people wrote me back and confirmed. there is a clock at the dash. yippee!
  • lombrica
    Options
    had to make sure. and the fine dirt people wrote me back and confirmed. there is a clock at the dash. yippee!

Eh... still though?!? Primary purpose? ... F... U... N... Just sayin'... ;)