Cosmetic Surgery AFTER weight loss? Your thoughts?

I have always WANTED to get the 'Mommy Makeover', which consists of breast lift/enhancement, tummy tuck and liposuction. I am seriously considering still doing this (or at least re-evaluating it) AFTER I get to my goal weight of 120lbs.

I'm pretty sure I will still need all or most of it...there is no amount of exercise that can put certain parts back where they belong. .lol.

What are your thoughts on this? Has anyone done this AFTER you hit your goal weight?

Thanks.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    If there is left over skin and sagging skin along with breasts..............then I see no reason why you shouldn't. What freaks me out is when lips, cheeks and eyes get done and everyone that has it done looks the same.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • valj77
    valj77 Posts: 26
    i had a tummy tuck in May, very happy with the results
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    I will be getting it done when I attain and maintain my goal weight for a year.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    I think it is a good idea to wait a year until everything has stabilized before having surgery. Then if it is what you really want go for it
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    i've lost 22lbs about all im gonna loose and i still got a flab stomach that was stretched out so bad with having kids...but i still dont feel the need to get a tummy tuck...the way i figure it is...its all gonna turn back to flab when im older anyways...why waste the money?? LOL
  • wetsel23
    wetsel23 Posts: 44 Member
    I say go for it!! A present to yourself for working so hard.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    The last time I lost weight I had a problem with excess skin. I looked good in clothes, bu it was highly disappointing to put that much effort into losing weight and not being able to take my shirt off. At the time I had to many other financial obligations for surgery to be an option. I think this is one of the major contributions to my depression and eventual weight gain. Referring to an earlier post, I did not lose weight to be healthy, I lost weight to look and feel good. I am doing the work again, but this time surgery is at the top of my short list when I get down where I want to be.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    I plan on a tummy tuck after I'm at goal weight and done having children
    I KNOW that things wont go back to where they should be - I spent too much of my life over weight - and I am NOT blessed with elastic skin!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Only if you have the means and you see value in the result.
    If I had a glob of skin hanging off, you bet I would!
    There'd be nothing to think about. To heck with all that "love your body" sniveling.
    CUT IT OUT!
    Good Luck:smile:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    i plan on having a tuck, and boobie lift (possible implants) as well as certain piercings after ive maintained my weight loss for a year.
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Well with the type of work I do I see a lot of naked women and honestly that made me change my mind about plastic surgery, meaning I will not do it!! I have seen the results after you reach certain age and trust me its not pretty, you look like a map with scars everywhere and once your older everything starts sagging and spreading everywhere, so this women start rethinking about getting same stuff done over again!!! I have learned that we need to appreciate our body for what it is..just think healthy and you will feel even prettier..
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Going under the knife July 23rd for a circumferential body lift.... after 3 years and losing 310 lbs. There is No Amount of exercise that is going to get rid of this excess skin... Scared to death but looking forward to the outcome....
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    I think I've heard too many tales of plastic surgery gone wrong. I am too freaked out to even consider it.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    I plan on getting a tummy tuck when I an through having children. My pregnancy with DS stretched it out so bad that you can pull it a good three inches away from tummy-and it doesn't snap back! I am too young to go through life with such a busted looking tummy.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    If I had the money I would totally get a tummy tuck to cut off my stretch marks and loose skin!
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    I got a boob job, and I actually liked it so much that it has helped my self esteem so much, that it has been the main motivator to lose weight and feel even better about myself.

www.realself.com is a good resource to see real pics, prices, etc.

If you can afford it, why not????
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    I got a consult for a tummy tuck a year ago. Was planning to get it when I had maintained for a year. Well, I maintained, but then life got REALLY ****ty and I gained some back. So, losing what I gained (20 lbs to go) and then getting it! I hope to get it done within the year. I'm FOR SURE getting one before I'm 30.
    This is how I look at it. I worked hard. SO HARD. And I still hated my stomach when I took my clothes off. I deserve to feel really good about myself, and if taking off extra skin is what it takes, that DOES NOT make me a shallow person.
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    After I lost 80lbs I considered a lower body and breast lift but decided against it due to risk of hemorraging and scarring, not to mention the cost! If you have the means to do it and aren't worried about any risks then go for it!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Going under the knife July 23rd for a circumferential body lift.... after 3 years and losing 310 lbs. There is No Amount of exercise that is going to get rid of this excess skin... Scared to death but looking forward to the outcome....

Good luck with it all. I'm sure you will be pleased with outcome.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    If there is sagging skin, then i say go for it. Obvs surgery comes with risks but i'm sure you are aware of that! Make sure you get an amazing surgeon though.