Help!!!!!

Options
I lost 10 lbs! Then I lost it! Somewhere, somehow, I got discouraged and started eating again! How do I psyche myself back up again? I think I get really discouraged when I lose some of the lbs then gain them back after Ive been doing all the right stuff.. I know that it may be water weight, but its still discouraging.. I know some of you have been here... Any tips to help me get back on track?

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Choose to.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Choose to.

This.
  • violetismysoul
    Options
    You've got to just get back up and get back on track. "choose to" is right. Take your problem down to the simplest solution and simply choose to get back on track and realize that your goal is not impossible. It is easy to get discouraged. I do all of the time, especially since I only have about 15lbs to lose and is taking me FOREVER because I keep slipping up, plus the last 10-15 is the hardest. Don't psyche yourself back onto your plan, simply make the decision to do what you know to do. You know you can lose the weight, so do it. Stay with your lifestyle change and you will reach your goal. If you keep messing up don't stress over it, just know that you can fix it. Hope this was encouraging.
  • penguin828
    penguin828 Posts: 14
    Options
    thanks!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    increase your exercise and put down the fork. On days when your eating is atrocious (we've all been there) make yourself do some extra cardio to balance it out!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Choose to.

^^^^^^ This.. its a choice, its a choice... no one can do it for you but yourself and you changing your attitude and mindset.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Choose to.

This!
  • allsetnow
    allsetnow Posts: 13
    Options
    A little while back, I realized that out of the things in my life that I was unhappy about or that were stressing me out -- the economy, aging parents, an illness in the family, my weight -- the only one I had any control over was my weight. It helped me to just focus on the thought that this was the one thing I could actually do something about.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    You have to WANT it more than ANYTHING. It's all mental.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    You have to WANT it more than ANYTHING. It's all mental.

^^this

you just have to want it. i keep telling myself that everything i do is for my family. i love my family and will do anything to keep them happy, but this is mine. this is for me and only me. they just get the benefit of having a happier and healthier mommy and wife. bonus: my children are learning healthy habits and know that the reason we eat the way we do and we exercise (because my kids like to "workout" with me sometimes) is to be healthy and fit.
  • savachick015
    savachick015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Idk if you are one of these people who likes to weigh yourself often, but refrain yourself from doing that. That def helps. Weigh yourself once every 2 weeks. If you do it every week (several times a week) it will dicourage anyone really fast. Always stick to it because its always best to slowly lose, than gain! (Trust me though I find myself in the same boat as you sometimes)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    If you lost 10 then you can lose20 and so on... just choose to.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i do that too. i'll be excited i lost a few pounds and then it all goes to hell.
    none of us can make you do it though, you need to decide you've had enough of being fat.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    That used to be me...

Well my eating habits suck (literally) so my challenge for July is to begin eating healthy...but so far I've lost almost 30 pounds eating whatever I want but working out like crazy. I love to workout..so I suggest working out more until you get your eating under control. That may keep you motivated. If this is something you really want then you'll stick it out. It's slow..but progress is progress.

Also what keeps me going is: Every year I say I am going to lose weight..If I had gone through with it the first time I'd be at goal right now, but instead I decided to stall and say I'll do it tomorrow, next week, next month whatever..and now here I am for the 100th time! I'm over it and want to lose this weight so all I have to do is maintain it. The longer you stall the longer you have to be unhappy.

Good luck :)
  • penguin828
    Options
    Thanks for all of your input! I like the choose to, its all mental, weigh yourself every two weeks, this is something that I can control...Im back on track with the eating, now to get back into the swing of exercising-I chose walking to start with. Again thanks for the input and encouragement!
  • penguin828
    Options
    Ok, so I fell off again! Im beginning to see that when something is really eating at me, I start eating! Recently, I made a choice that at the time, I knew wasnt right for me. Now Im paying for it because its causing a boatload of anxiety and stress.. We all know that excessive stress leads to emotional eating! From now on, if Im uncomfortable with something, I make the choice according to what feels right for me, not for whats 'right' for someone else or because of how something is gonna look (perception)! Have to make things revolve around ME!