Kicking Diet Coke Habit - will I see weight loss??

Options
I'm totally hooked on Diet Coke and have been since age 13. I'm on day 3 without out it. Before I suffer thru the massive withdrawls that I am concerned I'll go thru, has anyone out there kicked the Diet Coke habit and seen weight loss? It doesn't have calories, but I've heard it has massive impact on your weight somehow anyway. Thoughts out there? Esp from those that have successfully kicked out Diet Coke??

Replies

• McSteve67
    McSteve67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've cut way down on my Diet Coke/Coke Zero consumption sort of lost my taste for it as I started losing weight, exercising more and generally eating healthier. Still have some now and then but only a fraction of what I used to. Not sure if the reduction contributed anything to do toward the weight loss but I'm sure it didn't hurt. It's just an unhealthy thing to consume.

Good Luck bucking the habit!
  • jlav3
    jlav3 Posts: 17
    Options
    I've cut way down on my Diet Coke/Coke Zero consumption sort of lost my taste for it as I started losing weight, exercising more and generally eating healthier. Still have some now and then but only a fraction of what I used to. Not sure if the reduction contributed anything to do toward the weight loss but I'm sure it didn't hurt. It's just an unhealthy thing to consume.

Good Luck bucking the habit!

I sure hope it makes a difference. I am packing on weight so fast and starting to wonder if the Diet Cokes and artifical sugars are part of the reason. Got so desperate that I ordered an online suppliment and when it came in, it was in a forgin language! I took one and it really did kill my appetite for anything - including the cravings for junk and diet sodas. I did some studies online and found some concerning things about the suppliment so I'm hoping that I can just kick the cravings on my own - maybe that one day was enough to give me a kick start - day three isn't bad. Tomorrow will be day four and I'll just have to take it a day at a time.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I dunno, i don't really believe that diet soda hinders weight loss. i'm dieting and lost 20 pounds in the last 2 months, and i drink tons and tons of diet soda's. i love my diet soda and i will never give it up. i'm still losing weight. I think its all about moderation. you'll drive your self crazy if you cut it out cold turkey. maybe allow yourself one or two cans per day. its up to you what you want to do. but i don't think diet soda is as evil as people like to say it it.
  • TigerMg
    TigerMg Posts: 3
    Options
    I didn't have a coke habit, but my wife and I quit smoking 2 years ago. Any addiction is a challenge. As far as a replacement for the coke try La Croix sparkling water with Mio flavoring in it. It hits the spot for something sweet, and adds to the water total for the day.
  • kbd388
    kbd388 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking diet coke when I started on this journey and replaced it with lime seltzer, I pretend I am drinking sprite. I also drink a lot of water, and once a day flavor it with Crystal Light Pure, which is made with Truvia, which I think is close to natural sugar. In any case I don't really believe my weight loss is associated with not drinking the diet cokes. I just think I've been paying more attention to what goes into my body, and the artificial junk in diet coke is no longer a factor for me.
  • jlav3
    jlav3 Posts: 17
    Options
    I didn't have a coke habit, but my wife and I quit smoking 2 years ago. Any addiction is a challenge. As far as a replacement for the coke try La Croix sparkling water with Mio flavoring in it. It hits the spot for something sweet, and adds to the water total for the day.

Nice replacement - is that like a sparking or carbonated water? I hadn't thought of adding my Mio to something like that - I will write it down and see if our store here carries it. Thank you!