What to do with protein powder? Recipes?

Options
Throw some yummy ideas, I got Double Choc, Strawberry Creme and Cafe Mocha Proto Whey Protein :)

Replies

• snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Chocolate whey protein covered nuts!

Melt some dark chocolate in a bowl, mix chocolate protein powder with it. Throw in some nuts and toss to coat. Set the nuts in a single layer not touching each other on a plate and refrigerate until the chocolate sets.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    Sorry. I didn't notice the flavors you have. I don't think would work with the recipe I originally posted.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Protein mug cakes are always good. Scoop of protein powder, 3 T egg whites or one egg, a dash of milk or water, sweetener (if desired), and microwave in 30 second intervals until cooked to preference. I like them slightly under so they don't get dry.

You can always add a scoop to unflavored yogurt for variety. If you eat porridge, add protein powder to that.

Some people like making chocolate too, kind of like snuggles idea with the nuts. Except you just pour the chocolate/protein mixture into a mold and freeze/fridge it.
    Instead of sugary chocolate, I like to use Baker's unsweetened chocolate with 1/2 T coconut oil or full-fat butter (any other kind of butter contains water and will ruin the chocolate).
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

Melt some dark chocolate in a bowl, mix chocolate protein powder with it. Throw in some nuts and toss to coat. Set the nuts in a single layer not touching each other on a plate and refrigerate until the chocolate sets.

Oooohhhh good idea. thanks.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump
  • azjenny72
    azjenny72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

i need to remember this!