Woman issue --- Ovulation gain?

Options
I know that I am to embrace how my body looses weight but.... I have been seriously working out everyday since Monday and it says I am UP 2 lbs! Nooo way. It is Ovulation time (sorry is TMI) but I am kicking my own butt to hit 50 lbs by Christmas I am at 42.8. I know I can do it but this stupid hormone thing drives me crazy.

Tips? Hints?

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    It's also possible your muscles are retaining water due to so much exercise (not to mention regular water retention from ovulation).

I was nearly killing myself exercising and my weight didn't change for 1.5 weeks. I stopped working out so intensely and like magic lost 3.4 pounds in 4 days.
  • sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you on this one! I gain weight usually all the time when i'm on my period! ITS SO ANNOYING and frustrating. Advice someone gave me: dont get on the scale right before or during your perior. Its just depressing and no need to get ourselves worked up. :smile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I was getting frustrated with my scale this last week too. I was exercising every day, eating pretty healthy I thought, and drinking water. Then I figured it out... I wasn't drinking as much water as my body would like. Apparently it likes to have an unreasonable amount (I downed close to 100 oz of water yesterday). When I weighed in this morning, I had dropped a pound & a half!
    So try drinking MORE water, and yes, if your favorite relative is coming for her monthly visit, your body will probably hang on to some water, but it should return to normal weight loss activity a week or so after Auntie Flo leaves town :)
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    Ugh I always gain around 5lbs when AF shows up. The only suggestions I have is to watch your salt intake (hard for me, I crave salty things around TOM) and drink lots of water to help keep the bloat down.

It will go away in a week or so! It's not permanent... try not to weigh yourself until AF is gone if you get easily discouraged :)
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldnt weigh myself but... I do.

So MORE water. I was thinking that may be the case because of all of the workouts also. Thanks. ONe would think in this day and age we would know more about this topic.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    BEcky I'm right there with you. Im ovulating too, and despite eating good and working out, gained a pound. i was wondering the same thing.
    i love being a woman, but hate the hormonal imbalances.
    hang in there!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    My TOM and my ovulation seem to give me the same internal symptoms of bloating, fatigue, cramps, and breast tenderness, so I definitely understand what you mean. As my cycle is every five weeks, I tend to only weigh myself three of those 5 weeks and it seems to all average itself out. Keep doing what you're doing. And like everyone else would suggest, concentrate on inches more than pounds. You are likely to tone up faster than the pounds drop.