C25k app issues!

Options
so I just downloaded the c25k app so I could do the program and at first it wouldn't do anything. I could only check complete on the workout and that was it. I then rebooted my iPod, the app seemed to be working fine, and I started week one this morning except it didn't have the voice cues. The music would kind of fade in and out but not consistently and I really thought there was a voice cue too. So (in mid jog, mind you) I was trying to play with the settings to see if the voice cues would work when suddenly the whole workout, timers and everything, quit! It had an infinity symbol at the top left hand corner like when i first downloaded it and the music keeps fading in and out inconsistently.

Help!

Did any one have this problem? I have the run for pink free one (I believe the developer is labware but it won't show that now). Is there a better free app?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have an Android Phone and I use Simple C25k. It literally is simple.. You click what day you want, hit start and off you go. It beeps when you need to run, beeps when you need to walk and you can use your own music. I then use Endmondo to gauge my distance/speed.

Not sure if there is something similar for apple products... but I hope there is!
  • thmprdale
    thmprdale Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hope so too. I was so frustrated when it quit on me this morning (did I mention I had two dogs chasing me at the exact same time?). Have you had any technical issues with the app?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I hope so too. I was so frustrated when it quit on me this morning (did I mention I had two dogs chasing me at the exact same time?). Have you had any technical issues with the app?

Oh my.. you poor thing. I hope those two dogs were chasing you because the wanted to be friends.. and not eat you for breakfast!

So far(I've only done week one with the app) I've had no technical issues.
  • thmprdale
    Options
    Oh, it was bad. Once they were too close and trying to bite at my heels, I whipped out my can of mace and the spray nozzle broke. ._. But it's okay. I'll be back at it Monday morning (after I get a new can of mace of course).

Thanks! I'm going to go look for it on the app store right now.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I use 5k runner for my iPhone. You can download a free trial that takes you to mid week 2 to decide if you like it. I did have some issues with getting it to ding when it was supposed to if the screen went dead but they fixed that bug and so long as you don't have the phone on silent it works. The only two things I don't like is that it dings for the halfway point and I've switched speeds thinking it was time (it does say you have reached the halfway point but it's the same ding as everything else), and I've accidentally hit the end button on accident before halfway through trying to wake up the screen. Other than that it's good.
  • ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use the Zen Labs C25K free app. Never had any problems with it.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Haven't got a fancy phone :) I use a podcast mp3 download version which has music and prompts, no problems. You can get it at

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/couch-5K-running-plan.aspx
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I use the Zen Labs C25K free app. Never had any problems with it.
    Same here - I completed c25k with that app, and am going through their 10k app now - never had a problem with either one.
  • thmprdale
    Options
    Zen labs is the one I had. I knew it was lab-something. I found one that is a free trial and did a mini test run and it seemed to work fine. So I'll probably end up buying the full version of that one.

Thanks everyone for the help! :)