help with low carb eating

Options
DJ478
DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
hello MFP peeps im currently trying to lose around 6-10 lbs this month i have enrolled in a MFP challenge to help me and motivate myself i have also decided to cut down on carbs i was wondering if any one had suggestions i do live in hawaii also so some things might be hard to find but for most part just wna make a decent meal plan for upcoming week

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    its simple, eat meat and veg, and less of the rest.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    If you can limit your pasta and bread intake then you've basically won the war if you're doing a low carb diet.
  • DJ478
    Options
    ok i have that understanding is there any fruits to stay off cause of sugar nd any good recipes
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Your in Hawaii!! I'm jelly.. What you're doing is basically atkins.. So, meat is your best friend... When I did low carbs I wouldnt eat fruit at all as it contains a lot of sugar.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I tried doing low carb in the beginning of the year, and I did it consistently for 2-3 weeks until I felt bored with everything I was eating. This is pretty much what I stuck to:

Breakfast: Eggs with ham, cheese, some light veggies (onions, peppers)
    Lunch: Deli meat with dipping sauce (deli mustard) or a salad with chicken and cheese
    Dinner: Chicken with melted cheese or bacon, or a steak.

Snacks would include Atkins bars, sugar free jello and string cheese.

I took off 10 lbs in about 2-3 weeks and KEPT IT OFF. After that time, I was SO sick of eating the same things, that I slowly began to incorporate fruits back into my diet. Than slowly coffee with creamer. Before I knew it, I was back to 150-200 carbs per day, but still kept the weight off. It gets boring ;(
  • DJ478
    Options
    really sounds good and i like the meals i am gna do this meal plan also wondering did u stick to the same meals for all 2-3 weeks ? i really want to cut carbs out...& thanks for info guys i have no problems eating meats and veggies i never tried cutting carbs out before tho hopefully i succeed trying to lose few lbs then start insanity again to tone lol
  • JustMaxine55
    JustMaxine55 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am winding up my 3rd week of low carb eatting. The key to succeeding in this is VARIETY! I usually eat the same breakfast of eggs, cheese and sausage, but I try to shake up lunch and dinner to keep boredom from setting in. Salads with meat and cheese, tuna salad, chicken salad are few of my favorite lunch meals. Steak, pork chops, chicken, turkey are all mainstays for dinner along with fresh green beans, cabbage, salad, etc. Google Linda's Low Carb recipes and menus for a ton of ideas that will keep on track for a life time!