Just found out

Options
GanjaBall
GanjaBall Posts: 31 Member
Hi, my name is Liz and I just signed up for this because I feel defeated when it comes to weight loss. After entering all my info I just found out that I am now obese. It's scary how I've gotten here but now I want to get out.
I'm looking for friends to help keep me motivated through this process. Hopefully, I can help motivate you too.

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. You can do this. Lot's of cool people here to kick you in the asss when you need it.
  • tequillarose04
    tequillarose04 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, were all in this together!
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I weighed 310lbs when I started out on here. In 15lbs I will just be overweight. I know that still sounds bad but I started off as morbidly obese.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You can do it! A lot of us have been where you are now so we understand what you are going through. :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I was obese when I started dieting, too. Losing weight can be quite hard sometimes, but you can do it if you try hard. :) Losing weight is very hard at first, because changing habits is difficult. However, once you acquire new habits, it gets easier.
  • tyroners
    tyroners Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined today! We are all here for the motivation, it's hard with no encouragement.

Feel free to fr me
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been here about 3 weeks or so, feel free to add me!
  • terricottingham
    Options
    HI Liz that is one thing about losing weight you need support .I Got your back .:smile:
  • JacquelineD35
    JacquelineD35 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Liz and I just signed up for this because I feel defeated when it comes to weight loss. After entering all my info I just found out that I am now obese. It's scary how I've gotten here but now I want to get out.
    I'm looking for friends to help keep me motivated through this process. Hopefully, I can help motivate you too.

Hey!!! Im new to this too so please feel free to add me :) and do not get discouraged, you took a step in the right direction :)
  • lasttryimout
    lasttryimout Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined here today myself. I do belong to WW and love it. But I like to try different message boards to give and get motivation. I have 38 lbs to goal. I will do it one oz at a time. I have dieted so many times and if I was good at maintaining I would be good to go. This time I will get it off, and as a promise to myself will do all I can o to keep it off.
    Good luck.
    ~Ellen:happy:
  • GanjaBall
    GanjaBall Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm excited about finding this site. I look forward to the day Im back in shape and have all this dang fat off me. In the meantime I'm grateful for all this support :)
  • chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hey, I haven't been on here for too long, but I think this is a great place for support!! Add me if you would like :)
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I just joined today too. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Manya63
    Manya63 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I feel defeated also! More importantly, I just joined also. I would like to share this journey to "better days" with you!
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    You can add me too. When I found out my weight was considered obese, I almost cried. How in the world did I get here. But I am learning how I got here, and more so learning how to get out and stay out.
    You have started, that is the hardest part, now just keep moving forward.
  • suzyq1955
    suzyq1955 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Obese is a state of mind. According to the 'charts' I am obese but I don't Feel obese. I feel unsatisfied with the way clothes look on me. I want to be healthy and have a long, productive life. I just started tracking my food intake and I am learning a lot. I am not too concerned about losing pounds. What I am focusing on is achieving balance. Eating foods that are high in nutrients but low in fat and carbs. I am a carbaholic! I love crackers and tortilla chips. But instead of stressing when I 'fall of the wagon' I just get right back on the next day and try to do better. Maybe this helps you.
  • brittajane87
    brittajane87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and just remember, you CAN do it! Go ahead and add me as a friend if you want.
  • sunshyne0690
    Options
    I joined three weeks ago! I too am considered obese, but you know what I am me and I plan on working hard. You can do it too!
  • George_NJ
    George_NJ Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been here only a few days, but know the feeling. A couple of years ago I had to renew my commercial drivers license which requires a physical & paper work to be filed by employer (me), The one comment my Doctor put in was," morbidly obese"... I was shocked that he put that in there, was angry, etc... I got this over the fax machine, good thing he wasn't infront of me! He was right though, even with that, it wasn't enough to move me into action.

Welcome, glad your here doing something about it.
  • tanmarbar73
    Options
    Hi Liz! My name is Tanya! I'm considered morbidly obese and only started using this app about 3 weeks ago. I've found lots of encouraging posts and friendly people here. We are in this together and are here to support each other. Feel free to add me!