sodastream

Options
I am getting a sodastream for my birthday and am wondering who else has one. I was checking the ingredients in the product and it looks like the regular cola has sugar and splenda in it. Its 35 calories for a eight ounce glass. The diet is calorie free. The naturals with cane sugar have a 100 calories a glass. Have any of you bought this and if so what flavors do you like?:smile:

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I only buy the diets. I also use flavored coffee syrups (Torani, DiVinci) to make Italian Sodas (also sugar free).

The only flavors I can't stand are Cream Soda (I love CS but this is so sickly sweet it is gross) and the Cranberry one (lots of people like it just not my cup of tea).

The Orange, Caffeine Free Diet Cola, Grapefruit and Root Beer are my favorites.

One note on these, you cannnot use these for cooking if you use sodas for that. Do not work in the WW cupcakes or any other recipe. The mixture separates unlike "real" sodas.
  • ReginaW0313
    ReginaW0313 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I only buy the diets. I also use flavored coffee syrups (Torani, DiVinci) to make Italian Sodas (also sugar free).

The only flavors I can't stand are Cream Soda (I love CS but this is so sickly sweet it is gross) and the Cranberry one (lots of people like it just not my cup of tea).

The Orange, Caffeine Free Diet Cola, Grapefruit and Root Beer are my favorites.

One note on these, you cannnot use these for cooking if you use sodas for that. Do not work in the WW cupcakes or any other recipe. The mixture separates unlike "real" sodas.

This is really helpful. I did order the root beer and grapefruit in diet to start. On the italian soda do you just mix the torani syrp and carbonated water?
  • shayoni
    shayoni Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love Italian sodas! Yeah, you just mix the syrup with carbonated water. They're even better with a bit of whip cream mixed in like they do at restaurants =)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Or some soy or almond milk to make an Italian cream soda.

There was a thread on the Soda Stream in the Food forum yesterday.