Has anyone had any success with diet pills?

Options
A few of my friends are taking different diet pills to help lose those extra lbs that just won't come off. Has anyone had any success with diet pills if so which ones? I am currently on a diet but have been thinking about taking them. There are just sooooo many.

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I used the Alli over the counter last year. Weight came off fast - went back on even faster after stopping. Bet you can do this without pills. :)
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Most of them are just green tea extract and caffeine.
  • italianangel143
    Options

So basically I'm better off drinking green tea?
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Yep. Better for your health and your pocket. :wink:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Probably. I was just going to say that any time I ever tried diet pills they didn't give me energy or decrease my appetite. Not sure if any of those were supposed to be fatburners or not, but I really think it's better to just skip them!
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Best is to do it without any pills, you have to work out and eat sensibly anyway, if your friends are not losing weight I would think they are taking pills but haven't changed their eating habits. Green tea is much better! Appetite suppressants may work, I tried once long time ago, it was ok, I lost weight but felt dizzy and deghydrated.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had great success on diet pills....NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT and feeling shaky and spending money on the ridiculous claims of 'fast weight loss'....eat clean work out, lift weights, its simple, thats the formula. If there was a magic pill or shake, we would all be doing it and all be thin.

Jess
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have tried several in the past and I would never take one again. They work for a while but as soon as I stopped taking them EVERY SINGLE TIME, I gained it back and more. I am not a believer in them at all. I think greet tea would be a great boost though! Try drinking a few cups of that a day. I know some essential oils are great too with curbing your appetite without the effects of diet pills. I am going to try them soon. Oh, and I have heard good things about some supplements like bee pollen, and b vitamins for energy/appetite. Otherwise, I just wouldn't bother.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    A few of my friends are taking different diet pills to help lose those extra lbs that just won't come off. Has anyone had any success with diet pills if so which ones? I am currently on a diet but have been thinking about taking them. There are just sooooo many.

I took some years and years ago, they pushed my heartrate through the roof (224bpm in an aerobics class) - dangerous.

Be really, really careful, especially if you do any cardio.
  • ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i've tried oxyelite pro after reading loads of wonderful reviews.. i took it for less than a month, i did give me tons of energy, but after 2 weeks of taking it my hair started falling out like crazy. when i brushed my hair they were everywhere - in my hands, brush, flour - EVERYWHERE! after one month i stopped taking them my hair is till falling out, but it's stopping i think... my hair never been so thin in my life :( it's like half of what i used to have :( i'm sure it is oxyelite pro what caused it, because everything else is fine! :( i haven't changed anything
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz.

He is minted thanks to them.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i've tried the accai berry pills that u take w a colon cleanse..don't know how many lbs i lost from it cuz i didn't have a scale at the time but i did lose a pant size.....it was from the puritan pride website........the kind of accai pill does matter..........if its mixed w a bunch of other stuff like the green tea then it doesn't work as good....
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

i think you missed the point?
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have tried several over the last 5 years. None work. I tried Zija because lots of my friends were using it. It didnt do anything except take my shoe shopping money LOL
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are just caffeine pills, so know that going in.
    Some contain acai berry, algae, gava root and a host of other exotic sounding ingredients, but the one thing they all have in common is lots and lots of caffeine.
    What a coincidence!:laugh:
    Here's the real deal. There are no shortcuts. There is no magic pill. If you take caffeine, you'll see some results until your body down regulates the effects, and then you must increase the dosage. And on and on...
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    And feel free to try it for yourself. Maybe your experience will be different.
    Good Luck :drinker:
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I've tried so so so so many things, but nothing has even come close to the results that I have been getting from logging onto MFP everyday, getting inspired, and keeping my calorie intake in line. I walk and ride my bike too. Save your money and just use determination and MFP to guide you.
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For the last a few lbs, take 1000mg fish oil will help. I had done this before and it worked great.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have tried many different types of diet pills and felt horrible while taking them. As someone previously mentioned drink green tea!
    There are so many health benefits aside from the slight thermogenic effect. You absolutely do what you feel is best but I drink a pitcher of green tea a day, I take cinnamon/chromium, fish oil, and vitamin C. These seem to help me feel great during the day and for me personally they help curb my appetite just a bit! Best of luck!! Also, I throw this out there so no one yells at me BUT check with your doctor before taking anything. Fish oil has a slight blood thinning effect.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    raspberry ketones wiki:

"When given to mice in very high doses (up to 2% of body weight), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight.[8] However, no effects on body weight were observed with doses up to 200 times greater than the estimated intake in humans.[9] The high dose effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis. Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans."
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    raspberry ketones wiki:

"When given to mice in very high doses (up to 2% of body weight), raspberry ketone has been shown to prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight.[8] However, no effects on body weight were observed with doses up to 200 times greater than the estimated intake in humans.[9] The high dose effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis. Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans."
    Another caffeine pill - :smokin:
    NEXT!