Insanity Calorie Calulator device advice

I'm starting INSANITY. Did the fit test yesterday and I'm pumped and ready for more. But there's no good way to calculate the burn without a device. Tips please! I don't need anything like GPS or pedometer, just the basic heart rate monitor that converts it to calories burned. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• DonnyTurtle
    DonnyTurtle Posts: 9 Member
    How did you enjoy Insanity the first time? I'm considering buying it.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    I use a HRM. I keep track of my calories burned, what day I do my workout and morning or evening. Calories between workouts can very a great deal. Even on the same DVD. Dont be discouraged if you gain a few pounds the first week. I'm finishing week 3 and am now down 5lbs. I started with a 7lb weight gain. Insanity is amazing. I hate every minute of it. But love the results!!!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    I think you answered the question already. You do need a HRM with calorie counting function. I am starting Insanity also on Monday with the group...you should Join!
    I purchased a New Balance HRM from Target @ $70....it comes with the chest strap and counts calories! Good luck
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    polaris ft60? you can get HRM cheep on amazon.com
  • pushnhard
    pushnhard Posts: 51
    Hiya!
    I'M FINISHING WEEK FOUR! I have a HRM...I have a motiva mio petite...QVC...LIKE $100, but you can pay in installments. It comes in about 3-5 days. Good Luck with Insanity...You can totally do it! I'm here if you have any questions or need motivation!
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    I was preparing for the fit test for a month, haha. It was a great workout on it own. I'm not worried about weight gain because I measure BF%. I'll definitely take a look at HRM, thanks!
  • Masharitos
    Hiya!
    I'M FINISHING WEEK FOUR! I have a HRM...I have a motiva mio petite...QVC...LIKE $100, but you can pay in installments. It comes in about 3-5 days. Good Luck with Insanity...You can totally do it! I'm here if you have any questions or need motivation!

I'm looking at the Motiva on amazon. It's cheaper than 100. Does it calculate total calories burned for the day? Have you used it? Every HRM I look at has some really bad reviews and some really good. Too many options! If I order today, I can get it Monday. Just need to really narrow down the options.
  • pushnhard
    pushnhard Posts: 51
    Ok...Cool Beans if you can find it cheaper! Yes, it does. I set mine as soon as I begin working out. You can start it from the time you workout if you want. I use mine everyday and with every workout! Log onto QVC and read the reviews.
  • Masharitos
    Thanks!