Hi there :)

Options
Hi, i joined MFP a while back now, using rarely but now I am determined! (I hope!)

Starting the 30 Day Shred tomorrow, and aiming to get down to my goal weight.

Does anyone have some tips on what foods to eat, I get hungry on my measly 1200cals so some slow release energy stuff would be great

Also some friendly pointers on what I am eating - I know its not great but its a serious improvement for me, all i used to eat was junk snacking throughout the day and not eating meals

So hey and thanks :)

Replies

• shanesparks
    shanesparks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are crazy to try and keep to 1200 calories! Lots of veggies i guess. Why not a more achievable goal? Can you amp up the exercise?
  • tikamacphee
    Options
    Hi! I thought the 1200 was low...i'm only down for losing 1lb a week as well is that why? I walk around 10k steps a day (a work day) and 5k (on the weekend), do skipping as well now

I am starting the shred tomorrow so that'll be good on the exercise front!
  • shanesparks
    shanesparks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but if you are hungry all the time it's just gonna lead to a big failure. Best to realistic. Good luck!
  • tikamacphee
    Options
    Thank you!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    HI, I agree 1200 is a little low to be starting at especially if you are hungry all the time, but don't forget to add those steps to your activity, I suggest using the walking 2.0 moderate walk rate especially if it's on the job and doing daily shopping etc. Try and keep track of how long you are walking and that will increase your caloric allotment significantly. PIck up the pace on the 5000 steps days and you'll add more extra calories to eat! If you like fruit and raw veggies they are great for quick snacking and are quite filling. If I'm really hungry or snackish after a long walk I'll make a kaiser roll veggies sandwich loaded with shredded carrots and whatever raw veggies I have in the fridge, the carrots are sweet and filling and you aren't going over the top on your calories with it. Plus it's healthy, same applies to a rolled tortilla roll with the same ingredients. Add a little cream cheese to 'glue' it all together. Congratulations on deciding it's time! Welcome
  • tikamacphee
    Options
    Thank you! I have about 16lbs to lose - if that equates to a stone - to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (she's 4 now so no excuse!!!) I have an app on my phone that measures how many steps/cals burned so thats been a big help for me. Going to try and fit some swimming in on a Thursday now also