AllI want is a @($# piece of gum!!!!

Options
Is that too much to ask???? Headed to the gym last night and stopped at the store to pick up a pack of gum....what ever happened to good old normal every day Juicy Fruit or Double Mint!!! There wasn't ONE pack of gum out of dozens that didn't have asparatame or aceK in it!!!! Even the bubble gum was sugar free!

Sugar vs other sweetener arguments aside....can't I at least be given a choice??? Frankly, for me all that other stuff makes the gum over sweet and gives me a tummy ache. Years ago, I discovered they even used it in gum with sugar as a flavour extender - that's how I found out it wasn't my imagination...I felt sick THEN read the package....

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I so second that!! I was a gum addict so to speak until I really started researching aspartame. Now I have like 6 packs of gum in my work drawer that I refuse to touch, and sometimes I am dying to just chew some gum....Can we ever win?????:grumble:
  • lindsay0311
    lindsay0311 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree! However, I am a total gum addict! I chew it at work, when I'm driving, when I'm bored...anytime to keep me from snacking...I have definitely had stomach pains from it though! It sucks that I am addicted but I eat it rather than the snacky foods that will add pounds...I really need to work on cutting back!
  • jtorres81
    Options
    It true that I have found that gum ingredients have changed on us. But, the way I look at it it's gum, its taste yummy. It kinda bites that you all get belly aches. I've chew a pack a day at some point and it never bothered me. Now that I'm thinking about gum imma bout to go get some. Dam these cravings!! lol.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I think sorbitol is a big bell-ache producer. Definitely difficult to find a piece of gum without it, too. :ohwell: