Bought a new scale :( and BUMMMED!

Options
So, I bought a new scale (last one broke during move) and I am 4 lbs heavier than I was at the docs office on Tuesday. I was so frickin pumped and have been kicking *kitten* this week, staying on or below plan, exercizing EVERY day and thought I would see at least a pound maybe? .

Replies

• sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I personally am having target practice with mine in the morning!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    It could be your new scale! Test it.. =) My boyfriend has a weight set.. I weighed myself, then myself holding weights. It was within .4 lbs accurate =D
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So maybe there are differences in the scales?
  • johnydolittle
    johnydolittle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thats what I am hoping, decided instead of pouting I took a 30 walk to the beach with my dog :)
  • bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great attitude.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Thats what I am hoping, decided instead of pouting I took a 30 walk to the beach with my dog :)

That's the attitude! Put that anger into burning those calories!! :laugh:
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I want to throw my scale out the window....1,200 calories and exercise last 3 days....and i gained 2.5 lbs......REALLY??? I was so sure the scale must be wrong i moved it to different locations in the house and still the same crappy number on it. I wanted to cry. But i'll go exercise instead and not weigh myself again for a week.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    my scales are always out compared to others. i don't think i have ever weighted the same on any 2 scales. Try not to think of it now and just concentrate on your next loss
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I would never ever compare a home scale to those in a Dr. office because they're calibrated differently and they work differently. Even from office to office or home scale to home scale. Obviouosly since yours broke you had to get a new one but there is a chance one of the two were not calibrated correctly. I use the exact same scale every single time I weigh. So even if the scale isn't correct in calibration it will still tell me how much I have lost.

The first scale I tried when starting MFP was at my parents house...it told me I weighed 165, I stepped off and back on weighing 167, off and on again weighing 162 (all within 10 min) so I came to work (I work in a hospital) and used that one and it said I weighed 174 which is closer to what the Dr. visits were telling me. So I just keep using the one at work.
  • LaundryJo
    LaundryJo Posts: 47
    Options
    Me too, but my new one said I was 3lb lighter! I bought the one that gives you fat %, which is better to go by. I weigh 2lbs heavier once I've had a cup of tea in the morning from when I first get out of bed. I'm such a slave to the scale. I would be interested if anyone else has the fat% scales. I have been measuring myself weekly and trying to forget about the weight for a few weeks before I go insane! Keep going, and go by how good you look and feel!
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The scale at my parent's house I mentioned in my post earlier that every time I stepped on it my weight was different was one of those scales.