M & M's - what order?

Options
Mina133842
Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
sort of inspired by another topic....but do you have a way that you eat a specific food? Like M&M's? some people eat them one color at a time, some just pour by the handful into their face, I am the person that sorts by keeping the numbers even.. so if there are 5 yellows, 3 reds, 3 blues, 4 brown, 2 green, I will eat the yellows, and the brown, until we have the same number of each color. I dunno. Didn't really notice I did it, until someone else pointed it out. Now wondering if anyone else has a weird food quirk?

Replies

• s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    All depends on my mood, if I'm stressed out and hungry then it all goes down the same way; by the handfuls. If I'm eating and kind of bored at the same time I'll sort them out and eat one of each color. I usually do that with fruit snacks. I also tend to eat about three of the snacks then a bite of fruit or veg I happen to have packed.
  • dramaqueen0619
    dramaqueen0619 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat one color at a time, usually going by the colors of the rainbow. I do the same on Fruit Loops and other cereals too! I've always done. Guess it's some sort of OCD type of thing!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am a handful at my face kinda gal. But different colors taste the same. Skittles on the other hand-I eat the purple and red ones first because they are the best.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just because.. I eat the red ones last. It's a Smarties thing from Canada and it carries through to M&M's
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    I put two peanut m&ms in my mouth , 1 does not make it and 3 is two much... like if they tasted better like that...
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    i save red and blue for last. Usually 2 at a time.
  • ScottFree_66
    ScottFree_66 Posts: 200
    Options
    m&m's or skittles... usually i dump them out on a napkin at my desk and sort them by color, then I eat them by color, starting with the color that has the fewest, then moving up. But, sometimes I save the green ones till the end (only with m&m's)
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I eat them all, in any order. Except the green ones. I save those for special evenings.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    m&m's or skittles... usually i dump them out on a napkin at my desk and sort them by color, then I eat them by color, starting with the color that has the fewest, then moving up. But, sometimes I save the green ones till the end (only with m&m's)
    LMAO wow... thats great ... I eat from the most down to the few and ALWAYS save the green for last!
  • sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    Options
    sort of inspired by another topic....but do you have a way that you eat a specific food? Like M&M's? some people eat them one color at a time, some just pour by the handful into their face, I am the person that sorts by keeping the numbers even.. so if there are 5 yellows, 3 reds, 3 blues, 4 brown, 2 green, I will eat the yellows, and the brown, until we have the same number of each color. I dunno. Didn't really notice I did it, until someone else pointed it out. Now wondering if anyone else has a weird food quirk?

i do the same thing!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Here's some of my weird food rituals...

★ I make wishes on ALL green M&Ms.

★ My Kit-Kat must be eaten in layers (gnawing off the chocolate first is key!)

★ I twist & lick Oreos :wink:

★ When eating a chili-dog special (Cafe100), there must be hot dog, chili, AND rice on the fork before I'll take a bite.

★ Each sliver of sashimi must swim in a mixture of wasabi & shoyu for at least 30 seconds before I will eat it. I also poke holes into the fish for added soak-up potential.

★ Oatmeal isn't complete without chocolate chips.

★ Shot glass + King crab meat + melted butter = FABULOUSITY!

★ ALL cans/bottles shall face forward in the fridge, thereby making the labels straight and visible. Don't worry...if you do it wrong, my OCD will fix it.
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    I have to even mine out too! lol I can't stand it if there are like 2 extra reds, and 1 blue. I have to get it even before I eat them. I eat my Kit Kats in layers and eat the carmel tops off the Twix bars too. Jeeze...now I want chocolate. lol
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I was really upset when Blue won the vote to be the new M&M color, I always liked the tan M&M's. I had a "ban the Blue M&M website" maybe 12 years ago or so that got shut down by Mars Inc. Since then I have always eaten the Blue M&M's first because they must be punished.

I also always sort them by color before eating, and usually line them up in rows too.
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow talk about OCD ....................... I just eat my candy food whatever.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Wow talk about OCD ....................... I just eat my candy food whatever.

quirks not OCD :laugh:
  • livs_mom
    livs_mom Posts: 37
    Options
    i eat the brown ones first. then red, yellow, blue, orange, and green. but sometimes i mix it up. if i have lots i'll randomly grab two and only eat them if they're the same color. sometimes i keep the numbers of each color even. at least it keeps me from eating them too fast. :)
    PS happy vacation!!

and how can i forget peanut m+ms. i like to bite them in half and eat the half with the peanut first, then eat the other half!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Every time I buy a bag of pretzel M&Ms there are no yellow ones! What's up with that??

But I don't eat them in any specific order.
  • cranford_s
    cranford_s Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm OCD...I do everything in even numbers, to include eating. If I have an extra M&M, Skittle, whatever- it gets donated to whoever's closest to me. Can't do it.