getting very frustrated and almost want to give up.

Options
2»

Replies

• NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I have been here since March 26th, 2012 and I am down 39 pounds. But this week I only lost 1/2 pound, it is very frustrating.

Like you I won't give up, but good lord knows there are days I wonder if it is worth it. Then I look in the mirror
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    Ditto what everyone else has said!!! the scale is deffo not your friend!!! losing inches and gaining muscle is the most important thing to be fit and toned and strong and for your long term health, don't worry about what you weigh it can be affected by so many different factors and it is not a true reflection of your progress or your fitness!! You are doing AMAZINGLY, please don't give up!!! :smile:
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! And I just keep telling myself "if I give up I'll just gain weight" can't go there....
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up! Keep doing what you're doing and you will continue to see results. I finally listened to all the suggestions about figuring out your TDEE and eating 500 below that. I had to set my goal as "active" in order to get enough calories, plus eat back my exercise calories. I also added workouts - I increased my runs to 4 or 5 a week, plus cross-training 1 or 2 days a week with a Jillian Michael's DVD & Butt Bible.

I seem to have finally broken a plateau I have been on for months. But one thing I've learned, is that you can't give up. Keep at it, it's a lifestyle change, whether the scale moves or not. It will all pay off in the long run. Don't do it for the scale, or for anyone else. Do it for yourself, that's the only way you will stick with it!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    JeSuisPrest thank you :)