Yonanas! Banana "ice cream"

Options
suzikay12
suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
I've been holding off on buying this until I met a certain goal. Goal has been whooped so my Yonanas machine has been ordered! Woot! Woot! If anyone has this please share what add in's are your favorites and any other tips and tricks you might have.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• dcarva01
    dcarva01 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have had my machine for over a year and love it! Especially this time of year here in the Arizona heat. My favorite is bananas and mixed berries. Yum! Also I have frozen tangelos and added them with the bananas and that was yummy!
  • neederan
    neederan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have one too! It is amazing for such a simple machine! I like of course bananas and strawberries.
    Banana and crunch granola
    Banana and Lemon snack size Luna Bar
    I think banana,strawberry with mini dark chocolate chips would be a nice treat.
    Just have fun with it.
  • ReginaW0313
    ReginaW0313 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my Yonana. It is a really loud machine but that is the only real negative to it. One of my favorites is banana with a small amount of peanut butter and cocoa powder.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Can you freeze the stuff after you make it or must it be eaten right afterwards? And wondering how one would count fruit for a serving size. I'd be interesting in hearing more from other users, might be a nice refreshing way to get fruits eaten, especially in this heat. Am definitely going to follow this thread.
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My favorite yonanas so far (always playing with new recipes) is banana split....

2 large bananas
    3/4 cup frozen pineapple
    3/4 cup dark sweet frozen cherries

This makes (for my family) 3 servings. To really make it awesome, top with some chocolate syrup or (even better) chopped up dark chocolate! For 3 servings, this is only 127 calories a serving!

Last night I used 1 banana to 1 cup frozen watermelon! Soooooo good! Only about 150 calories I think too.

*tip for a new yonanas user....open it up and use a plastic scraper to get all the fruit out once done, and make sure to rinse it well or wash it right a way!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The machine looks handy although I do the same thing in my food processor..yum!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    what is it? a smoothie machine?
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • jillianlovesyarn
    jillianlovesyarn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've used my food processor or juicer set to blank to make this. So yummy. Sometimes we like to drizzle it with a little bit of lightly sweetened peanut sauce.
  • oranb
    oranb Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got a juicer last week (omega 8004) and it has an attachment that does this very thing. The sorbets that come out are so delicious!
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Yonanas! I find the serving sizes way too much, so I only use one banana and a fruit. My favorite so far is a banana and strawberries. Lately I've been using just watermelon and it comes out as shaved ice. It's so good.

In the past I've used a blender and food processor and didn't get the same consistency.

Also, I've frozen the ice cream to eat later and it works, but it's not as good.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just heard of this today, but it sounds awesome. I ordered mine off of amazon.com today, and it will be here tomorrow. I already have cut up bananas, mango, pineapple, strawberries, and blueberries in the freezer. I heard of it because I came across an article about avocado ice cream - I will be trying it tomorrow, as I have also cut up two avocados and put them in the freezer today.
  • dslindy
    dslindy Posts: 17
    Options
    The mango and bananas are really good. You don't even need to cut the bananas; they go in whole. I like the watermelon idea, too. Gotta try it, thanks.
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • Laurelje
    Options
    Ok, here's my newest concoction. Banana, pineapple, and mango run through the yonanas. Then, the "ice cream" and coconut tequila run through the magic bullet - tropical paradise in a cup! :drinker:
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting one of these for a while. Using one as a goal reward sounds like a great idea. I think I'll buy one once I hit 190. That's just four pounds away.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Is it just frozen fruit or is there something else you put in it? I have an awesome food processor, but don't really know how to use it.
  • Laurelje
    Options
    Is it just frozen fruit or is there something else you put in it? I have an awesome food processor, but don't really know how to use it.

It's just frozen fruit. What you get is something that has the consistency of soft-serve ice cream, without the dairy or sugar added to it. I love it!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options

I have not done this yet myself, but was reading all about "fake banana ice cream" today in hopes of using up all the nearly overripe bananas I have at home. Here is what I found...

You can do something similar with your processor. Slice bananas and place on plate or baking sheet lined with wax paper or plastic wrap and freeze overnight. Let sit a room temp for a few minutes then add to food processor. Apparently it does not look right at first (and is quite noisy), but keep going and it will turn creamy. You can add a little milk if you like.

You can add a little cocoa powder, a little peanut butter, a little honey, chopped nuts or chocolate chips, whatever you fancy. The riper the banana, the stronger the banana flavor.
  • amberlitaaa
    Options
    Bump! I'll be buying one of these once I reach a goal. :)