fitday vs MFP calorie calculations

Options
Tyler477
Tyler477 Posts: 23 Member
I signed up for Fitday just for the hell of it and plugged in my info/ goals... and it told me I should be eating about 500 more calories than MFP does... everything was the same.

also I tried and experiment on MFP where I changed my excersize amount to double and it didn't affect my daily calorie amount!? seems strange.

Anyone else notice that Fitday tells you to eat more than MFP? am I starving myself on MFP or is Fitday wrong?

If you don't believe me check it out yourself.

Replies

• Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    If I have this straight; MFP does not account for exercise, this is why you have to add them. Fitbit calculates your actual calories burned. MFP is just an estimate.
  • Tyler477
    Tyler477 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    nobody is concerned about this? 500 calories is a lot
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    personally I would not use either figure, as both are unreliable(the biggest downfall with this site, IMO)

Do a bit of research into how to work out your own calorie and macro nutrient requirements, all the info is out there and it is really quite simple. or at least use a better calculator such as

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    I used to go to fitday ALL THE TIME- now I'm sticking with MFP for the reason u stated~
  • haldail
    haldail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For an average 1 pound lose per week MFP 2050 calories per day

Fitday 1975, if you dont set up Fitday with a goal of weight loss than it just gives you your maintenance calories.

Without setting up the goal my calories per day in Fitday are 2475.

Have to set everything up the same to get the same (ruffly) results. To do this on Fitday, so you dont think im just full of it, click on the edit button under weight on your dashboard and set up a goal that has you losing 1 pound per week.