Saying hello

My name is Sarah and I am 29 years old. I weigh more than I should. According to weight indexes my weight should be 110-120. I would be happy with 185 for now.... I have the most trouble with drinking pop.. I eat also when I am bored and sometimes when I am not hungry. I have a gym membership but always seem to have a reason for not going. Like too tired, work, school, laundry mat,and other things.. I have an active job where I work in a medical treatment care center for medically fragile children.
I also have hypothyroidism where it makes your metabolism slow, slow it's made me gain vweight. So I am asking anyone for motivation, or anything... Oh I forgot I hate hate water!!!!

Replies

• SusyPatty
    SusyPatty Posts: 8 Member
    Stop using the word "hate" when talking about water or anything for that
    matter. Replace negative words with positive ones.
    Add some flavor to your water; use non-sugar flavors; keep a flavored-water bottle close at hand.
    Drink that flavored water when you feel like snacking.
    If you are bored, it means you have time to do some low impact cardo or some stretches.
    At 42, I have made it my goal to get healthy & if that means I will lose weight, that is a bonus.
  • You've taken the first step and that's what matters :)
    I have a habit of not drinking water, it cola or nothing most of the time. Just switch your pop to the low sugar or no added sugar versions. I see no difference.
    I'm still at school and that's been my excuse to not do exercise but even doing like 30 minutes a day will really improve the weightloss. I've seen that for myself, nutrition is only 75% of this journey. But it is possible, you learn as you go, find what suits you :)