Losing Inches, not weight???

Options
Hey community, I'm losing inches and my clothes are fitting better/bigger, but my weight is staying the same. Any clues or suggestions?

Replies

• meganpowell94
    Options
    What do you do for exercise? You're probably building muscle.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it!

This!

Scale weight is irrelevant if you are looking and feeling better.

If you are weight training then I could be slight increase in muscle mass plus extra water/glycogen storage.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    That is good, isn't it? Nobody knows how much you weigh, but everybody can see what size you are.....I prefer smaller pants to a smaller number on the scale...I weigh 9lbs more than last summer, but I wear one size smaller jeans than then after starting lifting weights
    that makes me really happy- the scale and its numbers can go fly a kite.....:drinker:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Hey community, I'm losing inches and my clothes are fitting better/bigger, but my weight is staying the same. Any clues or suggestions?
    Keep doing what you are doing.
    IT'S WORKING :drinker:
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Take it and run with it. That is awesome. It is not so much about the scale really. It's about fat loss and muscle defination. Then you look awesome....!! WTG, I would consider that a vicotry.
  • Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've stayed around the 258 to 262 range for nearly 3 weeks. My neck, arms and chest are all measuring larger and my waist is measuring smaller. I feel like a million bucks so I'm not sweating the scale a bit. I'll take inches over pounds everyday. Congrats on the positive changes. Just keep reminding yourself that these changes are worth the effort and keep at it!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I suggest you congratulate yourself on a job well done! There's no problem here.

Since i don't normally walk around with a scale, I'd much much much rather be smaller, slimmer, and visibly more fit. People see that every day. Nobody knows what's on my scale, and nobody asks what I weigh. They just do a double take and go "You look great! What have you been doing?" when then haven't seen me for a while.

Let's reverse it. If my scale said I'd lost 20 pounds, but my belts were still too tight, my buttons still threatened to pop, and there was no noticeable difference to they eyes, I'd lose motivation along the way and give up.
  • fbetsa
    fbetsa Posts: 6
    Options
    Many thanks everyone!! I just keep telling myself that my belt must just be stretching. I've been heavy for so long it's hard to comprehend that I'm losing.

I do feel great! thanks for the support!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Ditto to the others. Losing inches is the best accomplishment!! Keep on keepin' on!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    thank you OP for posting this! last night I took my measurements and am definitely seeing a difference however I had a Dr.'s appt today and almost cried when I got home because I weighed exactly the same as I did last July. very good point people see my body not the scale..I def feel a little better now *wipes away tears*