New Member as of last night!

Options
Hello everyone! I just joined MFP last night at the suggestion of my friend. She has lost 11 pounds so far. I really like the system. I'm not one to log food very consistently, so your help and support will be appreciated.

Feel free to reach out to me whenever. Good luck, Everyone. :smile:

Replies

• AbbyLouiseCarr
    Options
    Calories counting is just too... Strict for some. I know it sounds quite obsessive sometimes. But joining evem for the support is a great way to get motivated and encouraged, don't worry, just do what you feel comfortable with and try your best :) Good luck!
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think the support here can't be beat!!! :)
  • DORISGUDINO
    DORISGUDINO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello,

The logging on and keeping track of your calories will get easier. I had a hard time at first and now I log EVERYTHING.....good or not so good.

I think your friend was right in getting you here, Its easy and keeps you motivated. I am STUCK right now, so am also looking for support.

If you need any advice, please feel free to ask. Its a journey for all of us, and a lot easier with friends and support........welcome :)
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The most important thing to do on your weight loss/fitness journey is to "write it down"...ie both your food AND your exercise diaries.....it will make a HUGE difference and help you learn good choices in eating! For example....if you click on food and database and look up Bruschetta chicken at both O'Charley's and Applebee's....you will see that Applebee's is about twice as many calories!!! Good luck to you!
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The most important thing to do on your weight loss/fitness journey is to "write it down"...ie both your food AND your exercise diaries.....it will make a HUGE difference and help you learn good choices in eating! For example....if you click on food and database and look up Bruschetta chicken at both O'Charley's and Applebee's....you will see that Applebee's is about twice as many calories!!! Good luck to you!

I think this is really true. Just seeing how things add up is the main thing that keeps me on track. Great reply!
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Seeing is believing. Its hard to imagine all the little things we eat during the day add up to that much but it really does and when you log it and see it, it makes it much easier to change your eatting habits! Good luck!