Really wanting a sonic burger and fries, very conflicted?

Options
Okay so I'm on a trip and we're on our way to sinc and well I'd really like a sonic burger (without meat) and fries… I have clif bars I can eat instead and those fill me up pretty well so should I just stick with those or would it not hurt much if I did give in to my craving? I need reassurance… I did a ton of walking today …

Replies

• Puddles0308
    Options
    I would say to log it first and then decide from there.
    Cliff bar sounds like the better choice.
  • athminbri
    athminbri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I badly wanted a Steak and Shake burger today. So, I ate one. It was the first meal for me in 5 weeks that wasn't at all healthy. But, I stayed under my calories for the day (because I didn't eat anything else, was really busy all day). I say go for it, as long as you don't let that one meal turn into a binge-fest. Enjoy it. One cheat meal a week isn't going to derail your progress. Of course, this is my opinion, others may disagree with me.

Connie
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I badly wanted a Steak and Shake burger today. So, I ate one. It was the first meal for me in 5 weeks that wasn't at all healthy. But, I stayed under my calories for the day (because I didn't eat anything else, was really busy all day). I say go for it, as long as you don't let that one meal turn into a binge-fest. Enjoy it. One cheat meal a week isn't going to derail your progress. Of course, this is my opinion, others may disagree with me.

Connie

I agree with this.
    The occasional meal outside of your usual plan is fine, as long as it doesn't spiral into days of unhealthy eating. Meals out are a part of most peoples' lives, and bring pleasure to most, so I see no harm in indulging in one from time to time.
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I DID have a Sonic cheeseburger meal today. Never ate at Sonic before and was on the highway so stopped there. Logged almost all my calories for the day right there, but oh well. By the way, they have good burgers. If I want something I eat it, but I workout daily and have lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks.
  • sh3lbyj0
    sh3lbyj0 Posts: 1
    Options
    I say eat the Sonic burger. If you don't you will eat two another day.
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I say don't deny yourself something you really want! You have to live realistically, and most of us will not be able to deny ourselves our favorite sinful meals for the rest of our lives.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Eat the burger, with the meat unless you have something against meat, don't eat the fries, and eat the Cliff bar later. Spreading the calories out will help you stay full. this way you can have part of what you want and still not feel too guilty. Or eat the burger and fries and don't eat the cliff bar. The Cliff bar isn't a meal replacement so plan so it shouldn't totally replace the burger and fries.
  • radiogalaxie3
    Options
    If you feel like the cliff bars will take care of your craving, then obviously that is the better choice. But if you do decide it's okay to indulge, I agree to go for the burger and by all means, skip the fries!!
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Get the kids meal! Significantly less calories but you still get your burger and fries fix. I do this a lot when we end up eating out.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Eat the burger, with the meat unless you have something against meat, don't eat the fries, and eat the Cliff bar later. Spreading the calories out will help you stay full. this way you can have part of what you want and still not feel too guilty. Or eat the burger and fries and don't eat the cliff bar. The Cliff bar isn't a meal replacement so plan so it shouldn't totally replace the burger and fries.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Eat it, enjoy it, log it. Modify your eating the over the next day or two to make up for it if you have to.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Life is about living. You cannot live deprived the rest of your life. If you want/wanted it then have it. If you know you have will power issues or will suddenly fall into a mcdonalds every third meal because you had one sonic burger then eat the clif bar.

One meal won't (in most cases i know not all cases are equal ) throw u off the wagon and destroy your gps to get back on.