Just completed my first 10km!!!

Options
Soo a few months ago I made a comment to my bf how we should run the 15km on July 22nd. Hes held me to it.

On the:
*10th June I did my first 5km - 29.40 (My goal was 30min)
*1st July I did my first 10km - 61.40 (My goal was 70min)
* 22nd July, I will have my first 15km
* 12 August, I will have my first marathon.

I am really proud of myself. I know these times may be slow but I have actually done no training. Since my 5km I have run 3 times, so I was very unprepared for this 10km, but I felt I did quite well. My boyfriend was 7 minutes a head of me, and I even past my 2 little runners who were my markers.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my excitement and proudness with you all. Now I have 3 weeks before this 15km and I definitely have to start training. How should I start? I'm not very good at sticking to things...

Replies

• Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Very good! Congratulations. I ran 10K last week myself for the first time and it did feel terrific.

I think to build up to 15K you need to get out and run every other day or so. Build up toward it. That's quite a long run

Good luck!

-V-
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 10K, you should be proud of yourself.

Did you follow a training plan for your 10K? I'm going to assume that you did and were doing several runs weekly with one of the them being a long slow distance.

Personally I'd probably stick pretty much to you 10K plan with the exception that you start adding distance to your LSDs , say an extra 1km each week until you hit 15km and your last longest run should be about 3 weeks out from the race (in the 2 weeks leading up to the race you'd probably run 13 or 14 km two weeks out and 10 to 12 km a week out from the race.)
  • Steen_bean
    Steen_bean Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 10K, you should be proud of yourself.

Did you follow a training plan for your 10K? I'm going to assume that you did and were doing several runs weekly with one of the them being a long slow distance.

Personally I'd probably stick pretty much to you 10K plan with the exception that you start adding distance to your LSDs , say an extra 1km each week until you hit 15km and your last longest run should be about 3 weeks out from the race (in the 2 weeks leading up to the race you'd probably run 13 or 14 km two weeks out and 10 to 12 km a week out from the race.)

Hmmm. I didnt actually have a 10km plan. Life has been crazy and Iv only run 4 times over 3 weeks. Thats why I want to do it right for the 15 and half because I know it will be a lot harder. I wish I was heaps more educated in this running area, that what I am.