NSV -- That dreaded camera in Walgreens.

Options
half_moon
half_moon Posts: 807 Member
You guys know the one I'm talking about. The surveillance video that haunts most pharmacy counters, avoided only by staring at your feet. Today, I had to do a double-take. Yes, that was me! With a pleasant gap between my arms and torso. Screw the number on the scale; that's exciting!!!

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's really wonderful! I love moments like this the most because it's more than a number a scale, or lab report or a dress size :) It's these moments when we just love ourselves that make all the pain and determination worth it.
    Congrats :happy:
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You guys know the one I'm talking about. The surveillance video that haunts most pharmacy counters, avoided only by staring at your feet. Today, I had to do a double-take. Yes, that was me! With a pleasant gap between my arms and torso. Screw the number on the scale; that's exciting!!!

That, and the massive mirrors that are hugging the walls to watch for shoplifters. That store is very humbling, really.

Congrats!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That's really wonderful! I love moments like this the most because it's more than a number a scale, or lab report or a dress size :) It's these moments when we just love ourselves that make all the pain and determination worth it.
    Congrats :happy:

Thanks so much!! I felt much happier doing that double take than I do when I step on the scale! :)

That, and the massive mirrors that are hugging the walls to watch for shoplifters. That store is very humbling, really.

Congrats!

Haha, Thanks!! And I know. That long walk of shame walking up to the pharmacy counter with that HUGE mirror up near the ceiling-- I just stare at my feet. .____. But today, I was like HOO-RA!!!! Look at me strut!!

Can't wait until I'm at my goal. I'm going to die of vanity!! PAHAHA. [/joking]
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • webcat73
    webcat73 Posts: 2
    Options
    way to go!
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    I work at Walgreen's as a Pharmacy Tech... I never look up! There is nothing flattering in those cameras, even if your super skinny... they warp everything!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    BWAHAHA awesome. You rock my world.
  • Mandysc
    Mandysc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is to funny! I am a pharmacy tech at walgreens and I remembered when we got these and yes I feel the same way when I walk into the door!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!