Why am I not losing?

Options
I have been tracking my food and exercise for over a month or more. And, I am not losing like everyone else seems to. Can't figure out why. I eat a lot of homemade and fresh food; just don't buy prepackaged goods. I am rural and have a garden... Getting discouraged but don't want to eat less than my 'allotment of calories' because I am afraid I will go into 'starvation' mode. If anyone can look at my logged info and help it would be appreciated. You may give me a different perspective. Would be appreciated.:smile:

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not public.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    your diary is not visable
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You have not made you diary public so I can't really help.
  • I have been tracking my food and exercise for over a month or more. And, I am not losing like everyone else seems to. Can't figure out why. I eat a lot of homemade and fresh food; just don't buy prepackaged goods. I am rural and have a garden... Getting discouraged but don't want to eat less than my 'allotment of calories' because I am afraid I will go into 'starvation' mode. If anyone can look at my logged info and help it would be appreciated. You may give me a different perspective. Would be appreciated.:smile:

On the MFP home tab, click on settings, then on diary settings, scroll down till you see diary sharing and chose public and then save settings. We will then be able to see your diary and help you get over this hump.
  • KatHucks
    KatHucks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear some suggestions as well. I am in the same, sad boat of not losing. I know I'm not eating close to the alloted calories and I exercised like crazy last week at the gym (gained 2.2 pounds.) I am just one week into this. Am I expecting too much too soon?
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you click on the "My Home" tab, then click on "Settings" you will find that "Diary Settings" is one of the options. There you can change the diary settings to make your diary viewable. If you wish to also post your height and current weight someone might also be able to advise you as to some of your options for setting your calorie goals. How much weight loss per week have you set yourself to lose with your calorie goal setting?
  • nicolaluna
    nicolaluna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear some suggestions as well. I am in the same, sad boat of not losing. I know I'm not eating close to the alloted calories and I exercised like crazy last week at the gym (gained 2.2 pounds.) I am just one week into this. Am I expecting too much too soon?

Yes, one week is WAY too early to see results.

It's also very unhealthy to try to lose a ton of weight in a short period of time! And you're more likely to gain any weight you lose back if you try to starve it off and shock your system. Your metabolism will cause you to start eating more and packing on the pounds because it "thinks" something's wrong when you lose weight quickly.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off you want to lose it very gradually over a period of many months.

There's a thing called a "set point" theory, google this for some more information if you want to read about it online. The general idea is to lose a pound per week GRADUALLY and then, once you have lost 10% of your original body weight, stay at that minus-10% weight for a while. Let your body reset. Once your metabolism's used to the new weight you can begin to shoot for another 10%. It takes time.

I learned this in Health class but if anyone has good web links... back me up? :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    uuugggghh yet another person asking for help with a closed diary :/
  • archiesbaby
    Options
    Sorry, I find this program is not particularly user friendly. I will see what I can do about that.
  • nicolaluna
    nicolaluna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @archiesbaby

oh, looks like you are no longer on mfp.... if you ever see this, sorry i never got your message. apparently i haven't been getting email notifications. :/

nicolaluna