Besides logging on MFP, what else works for you?

Options
I'm always looking for new ideas in my journey, so I was just wondering what has worked for you all out there.

Replies

• LJA8608
    LJA8608 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I actually keep a private blog that I write in once a week (Sundays) where I record all my stats ( Current Weight, Lbs. Lost that week, BMI etc.) and I write about my weight loss and fitness that week. I find it helps clear my mind and I can write about my successes and failures. I often read back the entries and it helps me appreciate how far I have come.
  • cajunlady1029
    Options
    Good question. I belong to another site that allows me to check in with friends. I write down EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth as well as making sure I log in all of my exercise. I do NOT allow negative people to get in my head or my space. My hubby and I are doing this together, so having 24/7 support helps a ton. I also take the time to remind myself just how far I've come on this journey.
    I hope something I've said helps and wish you the best of luck with your weight loss.
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    That is a great idea Lja....
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    it's sorta like logging but i have this Giant calendar on the door to my pantry that i check off days i worked out and every week on day i log my weight. It keeps me accountable and my boyfriend sees it and comments on my progress. It also reminds me to pick a healthier snack when im in the pantry.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    The realization that, if I give up now, it will take me less than two months to undo seven months of work. That really irks me, to the point where I don't give up.