50+ Mom looking for support.....Lets do this together!!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to my fitness pal (Started in Dec 2011 .....for about a week.......just started again a month ago) I am a 53 year old Mom of 6 kids, and have 2 awesome grandkids.

I have been doing fairly ok for the past month and now I am STUCK!!

Had a bad "I don't really care" night last night and ate about a 1/4 loaf of bread and butter (Dang Bread machine, should have known that was going to be a problem for me.....bread is NOT my friend. I am really kicking myself today.

I am looking for support buddies, so we can keep eachother motivated and on track. So if you are looking for support buddies, please add me.

Thanks, Have a nice week-end,

Doris

Replies

• jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am new here as well and bread is one of my weakness. It was not uncommon for me to eat and entire loaf of freah bread at one sitting. I would be happy to be added as your friend
  • jeanniemleigh
    Options
    Doris - I am also a mom of 6 :0) If you ever need support, I'd be glad. I am beginning this journey too! :0)
    jeannie
  • DORISGUDINO
    DORISGUDINO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Jeannie,

Thank you for adding me. I could use all the support I can get. You have 6 kids too, You don't hear of large families often anymore. My kids are all adults now (25 to 34 years old, 3 boys and 3 girls) . How old are your kids?
  • babecathy
    babecathy Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to fitness pal also I'm 49. I'm here and need and ready to give support too. Let's kick this together!
  • grapegirl1
    grapegirl1 Posts: 22
    Options
    I understand the charm of bread. It makes you happy. I'll help you with some strategies I use. I was Glutten free for a year and miserable. I'm into sprouted grain wraps and freeze them so I can take out what I need. Unfortunately I have the task of delivering the fresh baked bread for my one restaurant to the other every day. Smells amazing. So how do you suppose that loaf went missing? Today I brought the dough and they had to bake it themselves. I will win.
    Happy to help you.
  • NewBeginnings0148
    NewBeginnings0148 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Doris,
    I am maryawish. I just found this website today and really excited to be a part of it. I am 53 years young. I could stand to lose 40-50 lbs. I have a goal of losing at least 20 lbs. this year. I would really like to be a part of your support group and have the support as well.
  • punnett
    punnett Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    I have just joined. I am a chocolate addict. I need to lose about 8-10kgs and know I need other support. I am happy to be your support.
    I am a 54yr old woman, love being active. Years ago I realised provided I exercised I could eat what I liked mostly, however that is now catching up. I still exercise but there is a large wadge of fat around my middle which is gradually increasing in size. Everyone says I look slim, but I have a knack of hiding the wadge of fat........

Its time to lose it, and regain control of what I eat. I need support and would love to know that there are people out there who wont flick me off about the wadge of fat........... you know, the silly statement of "you dont need to lose weight" .

Will you be my support?
    Cheers
    Ruth
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a 54 Mom and working hard to finally stay on track. Feel free to friend me!
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi, I could aways do with new friends.... I am a sugar freak so please add me, all welcome.
    Thanks
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    Hi Doris! I just added you as a friend! Looking forward to supporting one another! I have 5 kids ages 18 -6! Lisa
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello feel free to add me.. I am fairly new to MFP as well. I have only been on here since April.. I can always use new travel mates for my journey..:flowerforyou: Have a Great Day everyone..
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Always looking for support buddies! I've been on MFP for 2+ yearsa dn have had success but the last few months I have not been doing well! :frown: Gained back some weight and can't seem to get my a** in gear. Maybe some new friends with new motivation and accountability will get me going. Feel free to add me!
  • emmlou
    emmlou Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi doris, i am new here to just been hanging around quietly in the background , i too have a bread thing its my one downfall i can cope without chocolate and crips but i cant do without my bread, i would love to add you as a friend as i think i could also do with the support aswell . btw i have 4 kids n im just 29 so there are still bigger families about lol xx