Success So Far 243 down to 195.5

Options
NavyKnightAh13
NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
Hi, kinda scared to post but will do anyways. I'm Angela, and this is my success story so far. I'm 5'2" and am a mom of a little boy, and a wife, along with being a college student and working.

My heaviest was about a year ago in May. I was 243, and it was because my mom (who was 161 before the cancer that she had been battling and going through treatment for brought her down to 111. She died of a massive heart attack along with copd at the age of 57) had passed, all i did was sit infront of the computer, game, and not eat right and never exercise. About 11 months after that, my grandma passed (she was 84) and then my father was in the hospital for a stroke and heart attack that required triple bypass (he is 71 and still alive).

This photo was taken not too long before my now husband proposed to me in Michigan in 2009. As i said, i was 243.
[img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/NavyKnightAh13/weight loss/meat243.jpg[/img]

This was me about 1 month before I got married, of which i was 225.
[img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/NavyKnightAh13/weight loss/meat225.jpg[/img]

This was me not too long before i was married as well, of which i dropped down to 220. Bear in mind, both this pic and last I was pregnant with my son. Also please ignore the peeing dog.
[img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/NavyKnightAh13/weight loss/meat220.jpg[/img]

The day i came home from the hospital after our son was born. I was 204
[img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/NavyKnightAh13/weight loss/meat204.jpg[/img]

And this is me currently. This was taken at my 1st 5K last Saturday where i came in 10th for my age group and with a time of 43:03. I now am down to 195.5
[img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/NavyKnightAh13/weight loss/first5k.jpg[/img]

I am nowhere near goal. I'm aiming to be down to 150 and then decide if i need to lose more or not. I never thought i would ever be in onderland ever again, because i had never been there since high school or junior year. I can proudly say that i am changing my diet, doing exercise, wearing size 16 pants and can fit into large shirts vs the xl. I do stairs, running/walking (i am in the process of doing c25K), dancing (hip hop and zumba for right now) and try to do jm (I have experimented with ripped in 30, 30 day shred, and 6 week 6 pack but have gotten bored), as well as some yoga, and Pilates and occasionally taebo.

if i can do it, you can too!!!!!!!!!!!! I had my son in Jan, and five months later, i think i'm doing all right!!!!!

Replies

• NavyKnightAh13
    Options
    I apologize for the photos not showing up
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    That's ok, just knowing you've lost that much is wonderful and very inspiring:) You might try Flickr if Photobucket doesn't work right. At least you would have a backup;) I use both sites.

Keep up the good work and have fun!!

denise:)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i like imgur
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I don't have to see the pictures ....... your story is touching ..... congrats on the weight loss & keep up the great work !
  • NavyKnightAh13
    Options
    yeah, i'm having issues getting the pictures to show up :(
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't see your pics but it sounds like you are doing great!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    Options
    ok need a little help getting them to show up
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome job with your weight loss!
    It looks like your photobucket album is set to "Private", if that helps.
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Change the IMG to img and if there is %20 put a space in its place
  • NavyKnightAh13
    Options
    there we go!!!!!!!!!!! it was because of the %20 thing
  • NavyKnightAh13
    Options
    This was intimidating for me to do, but i'm proud so far.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    it is intimidating to put it all out in the open, but you have done awesome and deserve the praise. keep up the hard work! you are looking great!
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    *hugs*
  • NavyKnightAh13
    Options
    ty :)
  • lilyxD
    lilyxD Posts: 33
    Options
    WOW! Good job! Keep going. Don't give up hope! You are doing amazing!(:

Feel free to add me, we can be support buddies....(:
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Great results! keep up the good work!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Nice! Very nice. And CONGRATS!!
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! You should be so proud! Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!