I'm a chocolatier and I've lost my love for chocolate!!!

Options
ZiezieO
ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
Funny thing has happened since starting MFP... I have sort of lost my sweet tooth!
I am a chocolatier and one of my goals was to stop eating while I'm working (Except on breaks), thus training myself not to eat at work... I went to eat a (usually) DELICIOUS brownie and after two bites I wanted to spit it out. Not that it wasn't tasty... but my body has come to love the freshness and flavor of fruits and steamed veggies and zesty spices, ultimately making my normal love for pastries diminish dramatically!
Not only that, but I don't crave that sugar high from sodas anymore, and when I do get a drink, it's more straight up with tonic instead of fruity cocktails! Don't get me wrong, its not that I dislike the taste... but I don't have the cravings nearly as strong anymore. It's really wonderful.

Has anyone else noticed their bodies fighting for what is healthy and pushing off those old bad habits?

Replies

• ShelfRelianceMom
    Options
    That's awesome. I have noticed in the past that the longer I stick to no sugar, the easier it is to mainain. Too funny :)
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    yep. Used to rarely drink water, now I willingly choose it over most other drinks. Rarely drink alcohol when I used to drink a couple days a week. I always have had a pretty diverse taste palate, but have found myself generally wanting more fresh foods (definitely fruits & raw veggies) than heavier, savory dishes.

I do still enjoy chocolates, candies, ice cream and donuts....just don't have cravings (rarely did anyway) and find I'm satisfied with a lot less.
  • workshy000
    workshy000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a tale of tragedy but it turned out alright in the end :D
    There's such a variety in fruit and vegetables and the combinations that we can eat them in are endless.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yep im like that too but not for choccy unfortunately. I will not eat sauages or burgers anymore, I used to but now they make me feel sick if i out it in my mouth, all greasy and disgusting. I do enjoy the healthy foods more these days but will never stop wanting choc and cheesecake i dont think lol