Favorite Horror Movie

Options

Replies

• IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    The Shining - That movie really freaks me out!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The first Nightmare on Elm Street (I was 8 - so it was scary) These days I just laugh at those kind.

The Exorcist

Cujo also scared the crap out of me (I was 7 and when we got home and our dog ran up to us I screamed bloody murder)

These days what I consider scary is movies based on stuff that could really happen like The Strangers. I like thrillers. Anything that can play with your head.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Most scary, i.e. childhood nightmare scary, The Beast with FIve Fingers. About a severed hand that haunts a mansion and goes around killing people.

Favorite horror: Rocky Horror of course! Oh, Rocky!!!!
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Poultrygeist. Freakin hilarious.
  • amivox
    Options
    p-o-u-l-t-r-y (like chicken) geist. Its so horrible its awesome.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I have to add Teeth (for the girls) and Cabin Fever. Dead and Breakfast was dumb and funny, and there's a scene where the zombies are dancing and you just want to rewind it to hear the song again. :smile:
  • amivox
    Options
    Dead and Breakfast seems like my kind of movie.
  • ShawtyHotPink
    Options
    freddy vs jason <3333
  • vibrantval
    vibrantval Posts: 46
    Options
    Mum and Pop gory as ****
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Texas Chainsaw Masacre
    The Hills Have Eyes
    Dale & Tucker vs Evil
    All the Saw movies
    Tourista
    Hostel, only the first one. The rest suck.
    The Human Centipede

When I was a kid:
    Amityville House
    Exorcist
    The Omen
  • annamika510
    annamika510 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE horror/ thriller type movies.
    But I was an extra in the new Nightmare on Elm Street so I have a liking to that movie even tho the original was better
  • workshy000
    workshy000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The Orphanage and Pan's Labyrinth.
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    The Shining!!!! REDRUM!!!!! Creepily awesome!!!!
    That's what I was going to say; it's the only thing I can think of that's actually kind of scary, plus it's just so damned good.
    Funny Games
    Oh! I was trying to remember what that was called. I just never got adventurous enough to actually check Watts' or Roth's IMDB pages. That movie is super twisted!

"Hold on ... rewind!"

... Wtf!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Freddy Krueger was my first, so all the Nightmares! And Jaws. Love Jaws.
  • jlreser
    jlreser Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's my all time favorite genre, so I like MANY!!!!!!

Here are some that stuck with me for a few days though (and were really intense the VERY FIRST TIME SEEING THEM):
    Paranormal Activity (couldn't sleep that first night)
    Scream (first 10 min were BRUTAL)
    Blair Witch Project (tent & end scene - FREAKY!!!)
    Insideous (that red thing, mainly b/c it was so striking to look at - more startled than "scared" per se)

There's also a preview I recently saw for a movie with Ethan Hawke about some demon that attracts and kills children and the dang preview freaked me out and I still think about it...Um ya, passing on that one!
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I love Stephen King's books (the scary one anways for the most part), but some of his movies are so badly translated.

However, I think that some of my favorite horror movies are IT and The Shining. They actually follow the books somewhat closely and as a kid, they were creepy.
  • jlreser
    jlreser Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Freddy Krueger was my first, so all the Nightmares! And Jaws. Love Jaws.

Jaws is my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE! :D I can quote it line by line! :D
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Clockwork orange
    It

the movie that made me want to bash own :laugh: my head in.... Marley & Me....
  • lexishea
    lexishea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Too many to list!!!! I LOVE Horror movies!!!! One of my faves will always be Lost Boys..... :smile:
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I love Stephen King's books (the scary one anways for the most part), but some of his movies are so badly translated.

However, I think that some of my favorite horror movies are IT and The Shining. They actually follow the books somewhat closely and as a kid, they were creepy.

Agreed. I've read all his books, amazzzzzing writer. Movies: wtf. I agree with these two tho ^ !