Fast Food under 500 cals!

Options
BR3ANDA
BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
So you forgot to pack your lunch, and there isnt anything nearby except for fast food. Dont fret! Here are a few meal options under 500 calories to help fill you up and keep you on track.

Wendy’s
Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich ( hold the mayo)
with sliced apples & a Medium Unsweetened Iced Tea
430 calories

Taco Bell
Two Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Tacos
with Pinto Beans n Cheese, and a bottle of water
470 calories

Quiznos
Small Honey Bourbon Chicken
with a Cup of Chili (no crackers), and bottle of water
460 calories

McDonald’s
Premium Grilled Chicken Classic Sandwich
with a Side Salad with Newman's Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette, & a Medium Unsweetened Iced Tea
480 calories

KFC
Grilled chicken breast with
Green Beans, Cole Slaw, & a Diet Sierra Mist
395 calories

Jack in the Box
Chicken Fajita Pita
with Side Salad with Low-Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing & Fresh Brewed Unsweetened Iced Tea
390 calories

Dunkin’ Donuts
Ham, Egg & Cheese English Muffin Sandwich
with English Breakfast Tea
350 calories

My fav, Chic-fil-A
Chargrilled & Fruit Salad with Reduced Fat Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette,
a medium Hearty Breast of Chicken Soup, & a medium Diet Lemonade
460 calories

Replies

• debomommyforhealth
    Options
    I am totally printing this list out to keep in my car! THANK YOU!! :)
  • debomommyforhealth
    Options
    I am totally printing this list out to keep in my car! THANK YOU!! :):happy:
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thx so much for putting this list together!!

If I can have a plan and be able to do something easy at a fast food place, it is a dream come true for me.

Just had Burger King's tendergrill chicken sandwich w/o mayo and it was SOOOOOOO good. I added picles and for me it made it even better.

Thx again.

Austin
    :drinker:
  • nlhill79
    nlhill79 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was told that all fast food was bad. *sarcasm*
    I was also told that it has secret hidden mystery ingredients.
    I was told that I eat junk because it's fast food. (I had a chickfila chargrilled garden salad with 1 tbsp of ff dressing today, oh the horror)
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Awesome! If you don't care for bread, or can't have it, or don't want to have the extra carbs, a burger without a bun or grilled chicken patty without the bun with lettuce, tomato, even onions (whatever you like) is great! I love that most of them add apples as an option as well.
  • sewmushfun
    sewmushfun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great list! I have actually started printing out the ENTIRE nutrition list from local fast food places here... Then highlighting in different colors the options below certain calories. Seems silly, but my schedule SUX. and my husband always wants Taco Bell. I keep the list in my car... just in case. It mostly is saving my phone battery. Lol!!
  • rayita001
    rayita001 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for the info!
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about Subway many options for way under 500 Calories it's my personal favorite with Taco Bell coming in a close second.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    since you posted mostly chicken, i'd like to add a low carb burger option

2 mcdoubles from mcdonalds -
    no bun, no ketchup, add mayo, on a bed of lettuce with pickle and onion is ~480 cals and 4 carbs.
    more if you get cheese, but then you could exchange the mayo for ketchup and it would be less cals.
  • heatherfit1
    Options
    bump
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    It's a great idea to have a list. I might do one for the UK, so that I don't get caught out. I do have fast food occasionally, so have some idea of the calories. There's lots that's under 500 calories at McDonalds, including a Big Mac! Most of the breakfast stuff, the wraps, etc. It's the fries that bump it up, but you can leave them out or share them.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I was told that all fast food was bad. *sarcasm*
    I was also told that it has secret hidden mystery ingredients.
    I was told that I eat junk because it's fast food. (I had a chickfila chargrilled garden salad with 1 tbsp of ff dressing today, oh the horror)

Chic-fil-A is my go to place! You could also do a Char grilled Chicken Sandwich and sub the buffalo sauce instead of the honey mustard and get a fruit cup for your side, under 400 cals! Dang, and tomorrow is Sunday...bummer.