Cellulite Question

Options
I posted this on another board too, because I wasn't sure where this question fit in, so I will ask it here too.

I weigh about 160 right now and carry a lot of my weight in my hips. I would like to lose 10-15 pounds, and I was wondering if there was anyone else who has lost weight that has also lost some of their cellulite? Is there any hope?? :-)

Replies

• LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    To make a long story short: yes, personally I have.

The fronts of my thighs are coated in the damn stuff-my bum as a moderate amount..my hips a bit and even some on my arms. Last year when I lost 50lbs through diet and lifestyle..I definitly lost some cellulite all over!!! The more I workout and drink water, the more I notice it disappears.

Cellulite really needs to be kneeded (sp?) like dough. Give yourself a good vigarous massage in cellulite areas twice a day! Dry brushing before a shower also really helps, and it good to get the lymphatic system in motion.

xo
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    I lost pretty much all of miNe its only there if u squeez now
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I SO hope I lose mine... ugh!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    ^^ Similar to above: If you squeeze really hard, you can see it, but just walking around you can't tell I have any now.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    On the Dr. Oz show he did a great job of explaining why cellulite occurs. It can occur in those over weight and those who are a healthy weight. Long story short, I've barely lost any POUNDS but from running and doing a lot of cardio I have lost almost all of my cellulite (and I still have like 80 lbs to go!). I hope this helps. Keep working out hard, you will see results.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Dry Brushing is the best!
  • jcohen721
    jcohen721 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! This gives me so much hope. Yay. I'm gunna keep on working out and drinking lots of water. :-) ill see if I can get my hubby to help me out with he massage part. Lol
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I used to have a lot of cellutlite and now can't find any unless I pinch super hard!
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    What is "dry brushing"?
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    What is "dry brushing"?
  • Cherry_star
    Cherry_star Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dry brushing is when you use a body brush and brush areas of your body to stimulate lymphatic drainage. Must be done in the direction of your heart. Hope that helps!
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    On top of cardio, dry brushing, and moisturizing (all which are very good suggestion!) you need to make sure you are building a strong base under all of that fat. So you need to train your muscles, and train them using heavy weights. I'm working on this now too. Pesky little (big) devil.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I have lost most of mine, but I don't really care about what's left anymore. I have bigger fish to fry and my self worth is no longer tied up in such petty things :P

ETA: Not calling anyone petty -- this was a comment on myself, nobody else. Though I do think women worry far too much about their cellulite.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've lost almost all of my cellulite on my legs and butt. However, it's likely from a combination of weight loss and hitting the treadmill pretty hardcore.
  • myrzee
    myrzee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So basically it is possible to get a nicely-shaped, really round and smooth bum, even when starting from a bad place?
    :ohwell:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    So basically it is possible to get a nicely-shaped, really round and smooth bum, even when starting from a bad place?
    :ohwell:

Yes, you can absolutely reshape your body (to an extent) by getting fit, but there is no guarantee of smoothness. Genetics play a role in cellulite as well as in body shape.