When do you FEEL skinny?

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
Today I wore my goal jeans!!

The ones I bought 35 pounds ago, thinking: "No WAY I will ever fit in these....what was I thinking??"

I decided to tuck in a tight black shirt and wear a belt. Anyone who has gained weight knows what that means. It has been 15 yrs since I tucked in a shirt and wore a belt.

I kept putting my arm across my belly because I still feel fat. I kept waiting for someone to tell me I had no business wearing this outfit in public!

How long does it take for our minds to catch up with our weight loss?

I mean seriously, if my friend told me she felt fat in her size 6 petite Levi Strauss jeans, I would laugh at her.

Just sitting her thinking.....wondering if others feel the same way?

Have a great weekend my MFP friends! I love you all for the roll you have played in my weight loss and healthy new lifestyle!!

:heart: :smooched: :heart: :smooched: :heart:

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    You look sooooo cute!! I don't know what to tell you about "when" we will feel skinny but some days I truly do! Like last Sat. evening we went to a friends Pub open house! I pulled my size six Levis on and they are now LOOSE (had to wear a belt) after doing the 60 day Insanity series! I wore a lime green top tucked in and i had people but especially men say I was skinny! I am NOT skinny, I am at a healthy weight and I am FIT!!! I must say, I really do like my body now and I have definitely earned it!!! Peace comes from within and maybe when you are my age you will feel it too!! Good job and NEVER go back!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I posted about this exact same thing a while back! Its ridiculous our mind stick back there at our high weight! I know I wear 6-7 sizes smaller than I used to but my mind still sees the roll/muffin top, I wish I felt like the skinny girl people tell me I am. Someday maybe we'll get used to this lol!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!

I feel skinny when my newest size of jeans feel loose straight out of dryer. I love when that happens!
  • kchabby76
    Options
    Ha! I used to be skinny, and now I am looking to lose the weight again. I was a size 4 before children. I remember NEVER feeling skinny. There was ALWAYS some weight to be lost, something that looked fat to me. Good luck in your endeavor; and you do look fabulous. Keep telling yourself you look great, it will eventually work.
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs about 4 years ago. It took me about a year to start feeling like I was slim. And then since then I've had 2 babies so I've had to redefine myself twice more but still even with that I think my over all view of myself has been more slim than not if that makes any sense?
  • jwtomboy
    Options
    Just the other day I had thee cutest jeans and only two months before they were so tight i only wore them to Church and other short periods of time. But just Saturday... I put them on and they literally fell off! Best day eva I was really happy.
  • lisaaan
    Options
    Soooo feel the same way,

Last week the scale read I had lost 4 pounds, in a week. i weighed myself three times not believing what I saw...then i started to think that it was wayyy to much weight to lose so fast, prhaps there is something wrong with me[some disease or something}......

For me losing weight signifies my inability to hide from the world....no one really notices me when I am overweight...just the funny smart girl...

I remember when I was 40 pounds lighter than what I am now, and I swear when i looked in the mirror, I saw the reflection of myself as I am now{40pounds heavier}...my eyes/brain did not see the image that was in the mirror, just the overweight girl that has been there for 30years.....

I just wrote about this in my Thursday weigh in group... so glad I surfed around tonight to see your post
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty common after weight loss...your brain can't quite catch up with your waistline. Let me say, you look fabulous though. :smile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Today I wore my goal jeans!!

The ones I bought 35 pounds ago, thinking: "No WAY I will ever fit in these....what was I thinking??"

I decided to tuck in a tight black shirt and wear a belt. Anyone who has gained weight knows what that means. It has been 15 yrs since I tucked in a shirt and wore a belt.

I kept putting my arm across my belly because I still feel fat. I kept waiting for someone to tell me I had no business wearing this outfit in public!

How long does it take for our minds to catch up with our weight loss?

I mean seriously, if my friend told me she felt fat in her size 6 petite Levi Strauss jeans, I would laugh at her.

Just sitting her thinking.....wondering if others feel the same way?

Have a great weekend my MFP friends! I love you all for the roll you have played in my weight loss and healthy new lifestyle!!

:heart: :smooched: :heart: :smooched: :heart:

I was just thinking this today!

And I think you look amazing in your picture, I love it!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    thanks for the compliments and the comments.

:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You look great J!!!! Shake that thing girl!!! :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You look fab. I don't know when the brain will catch up! For me, some days I feel skinny (or at least skinnier), but then I have other days when I still think I look terrible. Perception is a strange old thing.

Erika x
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    When I look good naked because clothes can cover a lot of flaws. You look great!:noway:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    You look fab. I don't know when the brain will catch up! For me, some days I feel skinny (or at least skinnier), but then I have other days when I still think I look terrible. Perception is a strange old thing.

Erika x

This is how I am. Some days I feel fabulous like I have a rockin body... other days I sit at work and pinch my belly fat all day and constantly look at my thighs flattened out in my chair... :noway: Sometimes I feel great that I have lost 10 pounds. Sometimes I think I look worse than before I lost weight. This past Monday I went into the bathroom at work and my "double chin" was like WHOA... when recently, I had been able to see and feel a difference in my face and chin. It seems like the better your body gets, the easier it is to find flaws.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks again for the compliments. They mean a LOT to me!

I was talking to a young girl at work who is in my opionion, perfectly shaped and proportioned.
    Her tummy is flat, she has a curved booty, she has a slim waist and her arms are thin with muscles. Due to her age she has none of the sagging skin issues associated with living 48 yrs:wink:

She said she hates her thighs. :noway: Really? what about them? too wide.

I pointed out she looks like a woman and what size pants do you wear?? Size 6!! SIX?? I wear a size six. THAT made me feel thin!!! Now she is 4 inches taller than my, so her 6 is my 4.............but STILL!!

I hugged her and told her she is beautiful. To enjoy her young healthy body and see her hotness when she looks in the mirror. Life will change it and she will look back on these pix and say WOW I was HOT!!.

SO I decided to do that now. At age 48. I mean will I not look at my pix of today when I am 68 and say....dang, which I had that _____ insert body part!!:happy:

:heart: I hope everyone can see their hotness today!!!:heart:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Love your new pic you look fab!
    I still catch a glimpse of myself in a store mirror and think its someone else. Cause that normal sized girl can not possibly be me! I look at clothes and think no way will that fit me , and it does. Our brain can't catch up to our bodies I think. Its a real issue I struggle with.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I was packing for Thanksgiving break and saw a size 8 jeans in my closet. I wear a 10 comfortably now, but I thought, no way can I fit them on and be comfy. Welllllll I put them on and walked around my room, looked at myself in the mirror....Is that really me?? Not a muffin-top to be seen anywhere...

I rarely have "fat" days anymore and it feels great!

And I see that you made it to your goal...congrats and you look amazing! Hope you stick around because we all benefit from your positive attitude and uplifting spirit! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • webe
    webe Posts: 11
    Options
    I have pants that are starting to get big and I say "finally" But then I realize that they are newer, smaller pants than I was wearing this time last year. Time for some more new pants soon.
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    You look sooooo cute!! I don't know what to tell you about "when" we will feel skinny but some days I truly do! Like last Sat. evening we went to a friends Pub open house! I pulled my size six Levis on and they are now LOOSE (had to wear a belt) after doing the 60 day Insanity series! I wore a lime green top tucked in and i had people but especially men say I was skinny! I am NOT skinny, I am at a healthy weight and I am FIT!!! I must say, I really do like my body now and I have definitely earned it!!! Peace comes from within and maybe when you are my age you will feel it too!! Good job and NEVER go back!

:laugh: I believe she is just 2 years younger. You both look amazing much better than I do at the 23 years of age
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options

:laugh: I believe she is just 2 years younger. You both look amazing much better than I do at the 23 years of age
    When your 50 just about 51 two yrs is alot, just jokin! lol Hang in there sweetie and your goal will be achieved too! I am glad you began this journey now instead of later when health issues, aches, pains and stretched skin started showing up! I thank you for the compliment and I truly wish for you success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!