Food Diary Comments!!!!

Options
Please if you are commenting on someones Diary because it states they are under on their goal for the day.....

BE SURE YOU HAVE OPENED AND READ THEIR DIARY FIRST!
if you didn't open & read it how do you know what they ate.... was healthy or unhealthy.... did they eat only 600 calories that day but it was a HO-HO , McDonald's or Taco Bell,that they ate...... it was crap instead or healthy that they ate!
Be sure to glance at the diary before making comments!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!

HIDING THEIR DIARY....HOW CAN YOU COMMENT ON WHAT YOU CAN NOT SEE.....If you can't read their diary...its because they DO NOT want people knowing what they are eating!!!! WHY ARE THEY HIDING IT!!!!( personally I do not feel that you should be able to lock the diary) WHY? .... You should be accountable for what you eat, its like they are sneaking & hiding it...how can your friends help you and support you on here if they can't see to help you or to make suggestions if you have a problem!!!!!!

I struggle with eating my daily calories and have days when my only consumption is... I drink 2 pepsi's and eat nothing because I forgot due to my illness or currently the heat....I am honest about it ... I log it & comment on my own post bad day......my friends will open my diary and then comment, I am OK with that they are SUPPORTING AND TRYING TO HELP ME!

I also log my supplement for those of you who do not know you can do that....There are calories consumed from certain supplements!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Replies

• jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The only person I need to be accountable to is ME.

You want people to kow you ate crap, good for you. I do not need people telling me that. I log everything I eat. I even log the gun I chew, I only occasinally forget that. The food diary is for me to learn what I do right and what I do wrong. Don't really care what other people think about it. If I couldn't keep it private I wouldn't be using this forum. Hell people on here get annoyed when family, friends, and work mates comment on what the eat. How much more annoying would it be for a random stranger to comment when you haven't asked for input.

Oh and I don't even "finish" my diary anymore anyway.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Maybe the reason their diaries are closed are because they really don't want you or anyone else commenting on what they eat. Who on here has the right to criticize someone else because they have determined what is healthy food and what is not. If I decide to eat hoho's all day that it my decision and really none of your or anyone else's business. Unless I am asking for your assistance why would you even think about commenting on what I consume.

Sorry but all of the "better than thou" crap I read on here is really starting to annoy me. Eat this, don't eat that; cardio vs. weights; HRMS are the only way to go; no alchohol allowed; water isn't water if you put anything in it; only comment if you have done this or that first. I can only imagine that medical folk come to this site when they need a really good laugh............
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Why are you so worried about what other people are doing?
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    My diary
    My "diet"
    My life

Nothing to do with anyone else.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    harleigh...I love your attitude about it. You want this bad enough that you're willing to take the constructive criticism and better yourself, which a lot of ppl on here aren't willing to do. I do read the diaries and I can't bring myself to say "good job" to someone who was under their calorie goal but ate processed slop all day long. I'm not gonna judge or "correct" them either b/c ppl are just so thin-skinned (I'm from NJ and very thick-skinned lol). So if I see under their calorie goal but all slop food, fast food or processed junk I just keep my mouth shut! And I also don't comment on ppl who were under their calorie goal but have their diary locked for the same reason you stated. What good is being on an accountability page when they're not willing to accept that accountability?
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    you know what i cant stand is when people use pictures for their profile pic that are not of them...what are you trying to hide

oh wait :wink:
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: I look at other people's diaries to get ideas for tasty meals, not to criticize. Everyone knows what is healthy and what is junk. If they choose junk, who am I to critique their macros? I do comment on other's diaries but I try to keep my comments positive. Isn't that why we are here?? To support each other?? I log everything I eat, good or bad. I most certainly know what is junk and what is healthy. I don't always make the healthiest of choices and if people want to criticize me for that... go ahead. You are not telling me anything I dont already know.
  • jewelsc1
    jewelsc1 Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow! You seem very judgemenal! My diary is open, but I'm sure those who have it closed do so for their own personal reasons. I don't feel that it is your place to say whether other people open theirs or not! I say mind your own business!!
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    My diary is usually hidden, sometimes if i have a question i'll unlock it so others can see. I see no motivation behind diary personally.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    My diary is locked because it is just that MY diary. You don't like it, oh well im sure life will go on anyway.
    My nutritionist has a link and passcode to view my diary and tha's all i'm concerned with. You know with her being my health professional and degree'd and such. Random unrequested opinions can be kept.

Worry about YOU.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Why should I be accountable for what I eat to anyone but myself? I am an adult, and I'm doing fine without other people inspecting my food diary. I used to have it open, because I know some people like to check out other diaries to get ideas. Posts like this make me more inclined to keep it private.
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    Options
    you know what i cant stand is when people use pictures for their profile pic that are not of them...what are you trying to hide

oh wait :wink:
    Not hiding anything...LOL you can view my profile and you can see pictures of me there was just posting a funny pic for awhile...lol
  • harleigh67
    Options
    I LOVE HOW PEOPLE TOOK THE COMMENT I MADE PERSONALLY.....go ahead jump all over it
    ITS NOT ABOUT YOU LOCKING YOUR DIARY SO READ IT AGAIN!!!!

THE POST IS ABOUT PEOPLE COMMENTING GREAT JOB!!!! WAY TO GO !!!! on a LOCKED diary or on someones diary who didn't eat healthy and they didn't read it first!!!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!!

For Those of you who lock your diaries and jumped all over this GOOD LUCK!!!! YOU are right you have that option to keep it private and that is your choice, but for those of us who do read the diary and give positive feed back to our MVP friends ... Its hard when people post how they are struggling and can't lose weight or find what works for them and their diary is locked!!! You can't look at it and make POSITIVE HELPFUL FEED BACK!!!!

For those who bash people on their food diaries or make negative comments because the slipped or ate a certain way.....SHAME ON YOU ....THAT IS NOT HELPFUL ON HERE NOR IS IT BEING A GOOD MFP FRIEND!!

IF you jumped to the conclusion that you think I judged you because your diary is closed you are wrong!!! PLEASE READ IT AGAIN!!!!

I AM NOT JUDGING YOU I STATED MY PERSONAL OPINION on locked diaries I AM STATING TO NOT POST A COMMENT ON SOMETHING YOU CAN"T SEE AND TO NOT POST POSITIVE FEED BACK IF YOU CAN SEE IT BUT DON"T READ IT AND BAD CHOICES WERE MADE!!!!
  • harleigh67
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: I look at other people's diaries to get ideas for tasty meals, not to criticize. Everyone knows what is healthy and what is junk. If they choose junk, who am I to critique their macros? I do comment on other's diaries but I try to keep my comments positive. Isn't that why we are here?? To support each other?? I log everything I eat, good or bad. I most certainly know what is junk and what is healthy. I don't always make the healthiest of choices and if people want to criticize me for that... go ahead. You are not telling me anything I dont already know.
    Love your comment glad you use the diary to look for ideas that will help you!! And agreed totally with being supportive of each other!!! Good luck! Hopeful no one criticizes you and they only give positive feed back!
  • harleigh67
    Options
    The only person I need to be accountable to is ME.

You want people to kow you ate crap, good for you. I do not need people telling me that. I log everything I eat. I even log the gun I chew, I only occasinally forget that. The food diary is for me to learn what I do right and what I do wrong. Don't really care what other people think about it. If I couldn't keep it private I wouldn't be using this forum. Hell people on here get annoyed when family, friends, and work mates comment on what the eat. How much more annoying would it be for a random stranger to comment when you haven't asked for input.

Oh and I don't even "finish" my diary anymore anyway.

I am on here for personal growth into a healthier lifestyle and looking for support from MVP friends since I DO NOT Have a support system in real life....I live alone and see friends and family seldom(kids at college and I am disabled and do not drive)
    This is a great site for friendship and support from others who by using this site should be seeking the same! My friends do not make negative comments on my choices they try to always get me to remember me to eat and give positive feed back and suggestions on healthier things to try!
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options
    What I can't stand is I'm always somehow under my caloric intake due to working out. But I'm still eating clean. If I want something I have it, but at least the diary is there in front of your face to be accountable for what you have eaten.