Can I still lose weight without exercise?

Options
jra6651
jra6651 Posts: 16 Member
I haven't been feeling like myself lately and haven't been very motivated to exercise. My allergies are kicking in and I'm feeling really tired. I'm still keeping up with my calories and watching what I eat, but feel like I really won't want to get back into exercising until I'm feeling better. Can I still lose weight? Up until this week, I've been exercising daily (unless I mow the lawn or vigorously clean the house). My appetite has not dropped so I'm still eating like I always have.

Replies

• mikek333
    mikek333 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course you can lose weight without exercising. Just set your activity level as sedentary and eat your calories but don't go over what MFP gives you.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yes you can lose weight without exercising, but exercise might help release some endorphins to help make you feel better. Sometimes my best workouts are those I really do not feel like doing but if you body needs a true rest, by all means take it.
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    You sure can!!! I must say it doesn't look as good tho vs when you add exercise. Maybe you can just add some mild toning exercises. :-)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You can, but you'll lose muscle in addition to fat. If you gain the weight back later (while still not exercising) it will come back as all fat.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    You can, just watch those calories. Eat well, your immune system needs the nutrition right now. Start exercising again when you feel better. :)
  • jra6651
    jra6651 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to get back at it this Monday. :smile: