Good Lean Smoked Meats - just saying...

Options
GoMizzou99
GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
I love my smoker and I am a smoked meat junkie. It is so easy and it has really put the flavor into the lean cuts of meat that we eat (that could otherwise be bland protein - yuck). A couple of meats that are about 40 calories an ounce - that are really good/amazing smoked - follows:

TURKEY BREAST (or a whole turkey) is really good and juicy. Leave the skin on while smoking and peel it after (it gets rubbery in the smoker).

PORK LOIN (trimmed of fat) is absolutely amazing. You can butterfly the entire loin and put feta, spinach, basil, red peppers (be creative) and roll it back up before you pop it into the smoker.

I am hoping that there are some other smoker junkies out there. Message me so we can trade some ideas.

Replies

• naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Done the standards, which are not lean, brisket(lean if trimmed), pork shoulder and ribs. Doing a turkey on the 4th, hoping it comes out good and I may move on to try other poultry.
  • ithink2020
    ithink2020 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello

Getting into the smoking season again and saw this. Just wondering if you'r still around. I'm looking to maiden my IQ110 soon. Thinking maybe chickens or pork loin.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't own one, but I have friends that do. Sometimes I will take a brisket over to have them smoke it and make a picnic of it.

And Go Mizzou!

11701140-large.gif
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I like smoking whole chicken breasts. The meat is great on it's own and it also makes a delicious chicken salad sandwich.

M-I-Z
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smoker, but now I'm really craving smoked salmon thanks to this thread.