New girl looking to lose 60lbs & would love some support :)

Options
Hello everyone :) I have just joined this site as of July 1st, as it is definitely time for me to do something about my health. I am more overweight than 60 lbs, but the way my body is composed, 60lbs lost will make me look & feel a lot better, and then I could work on losing a bit more.

My diet & exercise plan is very basic and simple to start. Every morning, I am going for a 60 min walk, and I am doing 5 minutes of kettlebell swings (well, alternating 15 seconds of swings/15 seconds of rest) 3 times per day. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I am devising a weight lifting routine. As far as my diet is concerned, I have PCOS, so I am trying to really limit my processed carbs and eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and protein. There will be exceptions, of course, but I am trying to stick with this for the most part.

My "goal" is to lose 10 lbs per month, although more would certainly be awesome and I know that this first week, I will probably lose 10 in water weight alone (new to this site, but not to weight loss, lol).

I'd love to get some supportive friends, as I am very supportive as well. My diary will always be kept open and I will be active in logging and commenting. Please feel free to add me :)

Replies

• serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lost 60 lbs (and am almost halfway there). You can add me.
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan! I am fairly new to the site but i love having support of other people. Feel free to add me. I try to walk 4 miles a day which is around 60 minutes and it is amazing how much better I feel. Remember to make yourself a priority!
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    Good luck! Looks like you have some good goals. Add me if you'd like! :)
  • calicat0925
    calicat0925 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think it's terrific that you have a plan in place. That will definitely help! I have a whole slew of DVDs and fitness magazines and Yoga on my Blu-Ray and I think it's time to put them to good use. Good luck! Add me if you'd like.

Carrie
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You can certainly add me as a friend! I love the support and want to help support others!
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey! This is definately the place to be to not just lose weight but to jump start a new healthy lifestyle!!! Anyone is free to add me as a friend, I just ask that you send a brief message. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    Good luck!! i wish to lose that and more!! LOL
  • honeyrose25
    Options
    good luck. feel free to add me.
    Its gonna seem hard at times and sometimes you wont notice the difference. but trust me, the moment someone else notices you will feel good in yourself. i know it sounds shallow and vain but its true. You will be healthier and happier.
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :) I have just joined this site as of July 1st, as it is definitely time for me to do something about my health. I am more overweight than 60 lbs, but the way my body is composed, 60lbs lost will make me look & feel a lot better, and then I could work on losing a bit more.

My diet & exercise plan is very basic and simple to start. Every morning, I am going for a 60 min walk, and I am doing 5 minutes of kettlebell swings (well, alternating 15 seconds of swings/15 seconds of rest) 3 times per day. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I am devising a weight lifting routine. As far as my diet is concerned, I have PCOS, so I am trying to really limit my processed carbs and eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and protein. There will be exceptions, of course, but I am trying to stick with this for the most part.

My "goal" is to lose 10 lbs per month, although more would certainly be awesome and I know that this first week, I will probably lose 10 in water weight alone (new to this site, but not to weight loss, lol).

I'd love to get some supportive friends, as I am very supportive as well. My diary will always be kept open and I will be active in logging and commenting. Please feel free to add me :)

My goal was to lose 53 lbs. when I started on June 1, and as of today I've lost 5 lbs. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Invite sent.

And if anyone reading this sent me a friend invite recently and it didn't go through, send it again, I think I broke it!
  • batesss
    batesss Posts: 24
    Options
    Also looking to lose about 60 pounds over the course of the next year or so and get on a healthy lifestyle!

Feel free to add me :)
  • Heather_RT
    Heather_RT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me?! I have not added any friends yet. You'd be a good kick-off friend....I have about 30-40 pounds to lose. Cheers!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new to MFP and my goal is similar, so please feel free to add me!

Good luck, you'll do great, I am sure!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Add me?! I have not added any friends yet. You'd be a good kick-off friend....I have about 30-40 pounds to lose. Cheers!

Me neither! Fancy a second?
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • christinemsanchez
    Options
    I want to encourage you as well, I have lost approx 60 lbs, boy it was a lot easier gaining it, than losing it. I believe you have a realistic view of weight to lose for the MO and your correct, water does come off first, and for me, it was HABITS that had to change as well, if you would like feel free to add me, I am interest in how well you do, you see I have only achieved half my goal, so I will begin in a few weeks, dropping my calories, right now I am manageing them, and in two weeks, I will be beginning my Food Adjustments and instituting my Plan,
    Christine
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm looking to lose 150 lbs and need all the help I can get! LOL
  • Hockey1990
    Hockey1990 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome - good planning. Thats a great start. Just don't get yourself down if those 10lbs per month doesn't happen. Just keep going. Go by how you feel as well!!! Add me if you like - I've lost 63lbs and have 80 to go. Been using this site since March. Been on the losing weight battle since 2006.

This site is the best and will motivate you and make you accountable with your eating and exercise. Good Luck to ya!!!
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have about 75 more to lose...feel free to add me if you like. Wish you the best on your goals!
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I have 100 pounds to go or a little more...

Feel free to add me (that goes for anyone else too)

I am on here daily!