Learn to love change

Options
Hi Everyone,

I had the biggest problem , acclimating to 1. Learning to eat clean, 2. saying no to anyone offering me sweets 3. I love to cook and thought I can only cook good with fattening ingredients . 3. Working out was hard, I was not knowledgeable in working out , there is so much to working out. 4. Types of workouts, how they affect the body, how long one should workout. 5.How to rest the body, 6, I thought I couldn't . 7.water.water.water.water.water.water.water.water.water.water.water.water.water.water

1. I love to cook - At first I was sad, thought I could not make delicious meal for my family.. But, I did research and learned how to cook clean and healthy. My family loves the new menu. I love being creative and you would be amazed at the different types of delicious food replacements tastes. Such as this amazing pancake recipe from Gourmet Chef & Fitness Expert + Caithleen Heffernan :Banana Walnut Pancakes , you can find multiple healthy ideas here.. http://www.caithleenheffernan.com/cooking-with-caithleen/.

3 & 4.. Working out - I took it slow in the beginning..and when I didn't see results, I got depressed. I also had to admit to myself.. that something so worth it.. like a healthy body.. takes hard work.. there's no two ways about it.. anyone that says all you need is diet.. is misdirecting you. It takes a balance of clean eating and multiple types of workouts.. your body needs surprises.. from weight lifting to cardio.. change it up.. do your research..don't be afraid to try .. even if on the first try, its too hard.. there's a goal you can go for..keep trying .. next you will be doing!. Next thing you know.. your losing inches.. don't bother with the scale.. its there to hinder your thought progress. Its how you feel..and how your clothes all of sudden are starting to feel. and then.. you keep going.. your on your way to eating clean .. feeling wayyyy more energized.. feeling sexy.. feeling strong.. ..well thats how I feel .

5. Rest.. I was working out.. everydayyyy.. what a mistake.. I wasn't seeing results...because I was not giving my body a chance to mend from weight lifting.. I wasn't giving my body a chance to utilize the clean foods I was eating .. I was afraid that If I didn't workout every day.. I would gain back the weight I thought I was losing.. and the scale keep saying I was gaining weight. I hate that scale.
I learned.. you lift weights lets say your legs and hams and glutes.. next day work your arms shoulders and chest.. but don't workout the same body part consecutively or you will just damage your joints and tendons and you just won't see results. Speaking from my own experience now.

Now that I rest in between sets and taking 1 or 2 or 3 day breaks.. but two of those resting days.. I do 30 minute cardio , anything from situps on the ball.. to straight up military push ups, on floor leg raise.. zumba..tae bo, butt bible anything to keep me from feeling depressed.. thats my mental issue.. I feel down if I don't workout. I do give myself an entire day of no workout.. just go to the beach.. or stay home do my hair.. its my time for me.. and I feel good about it.. I had to learn to love me, to love me enough to take care of me so that i will have the energy to take care of my family and help where help is needed.

Last but not least.. I had to make sure I was drinking plenty of water..something I neglected doing.. Also eating snacks was just as important in keeping my metabolism revved up..at my age.. I needs all the help it can get.. I'm 54. Not 24. I'm a martial artist to boot.. so all this weight was weighing me down. I've lost lbs now.. happy .. let go of sodium.. I let go of sugar as much as I can..sometimes I put a little raw brown sugar in my steal cut oatmeal.. I don't eat white rice anymore or white breads..everything is whole grain.. and gluten free.. Ok.. done with my book here. Just wanted to share my progress.. I know I always want to know what someone else is doing.. how they got there.. and i'm getting there to slowly that its permanent, because its a learning progress a way of life.. like my martial arts. .. I know I will reach it.. I started at 302 lbs.. it has been forever that I have been on a diet.. for everrrr.. Now due myfitnesspal and my fitness pals.. here and there who just didn't let me give up..then I didn't let myself give up.. .. I'm at 220lb.. size 16 pants.. big difference from size 24 pants! looking forward to 145 lbs.. size 5/6. my goal.. I see it.. Here I come!

Replies

• tkdgirl23
    tkdgirl23 Posts: 36
    Options
    Trying to post picture.. but I'm a peanut.. don't know how.. ugh.. but you can go to my profile and see it there..