need friends as motivation as i keep giving up PLEASE HELP

Options
hi everyone.
i havent been on this site for a very long time and in the mean time i have tried 2 other diets (weight watcher and slimming world) i have given up with these asfter around 5 weeks and i always end up coming back to this site as the tools are so helpfull. i need friend/diet buddies to help me through my rough patches and to try and keep me on track. i only have 29lb to lose to get my down to 10st then i will see if i want to go any lower than that once i have reached it. Im going to spain on the 29th august to visit my parents and would love to lose the whole 29lb by then but anything will do me. hope you can help me and thanx in advance

Helen

Replies

• meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    Helen,
    Feel free to add me. losing weight is hard and it looks like you have a goal. There are alot of groups in the message boards that are great to sign up to give you daily or monthly goals. I am still learning on MFP has to offer but I have been inspired by the success stories and the support. Everyday is a new day and some days will be good and some will be a struggle. Your friends are here to help.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is easy. Its staying patient and to continue tobdobit that's hard.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request
  • abbeyl11
    abbeyl11 Posts: 73
    Options
    Helen check out the Eat More 2 Weigh Less group here on MFP. The science behind the method seems solid and I lost a pound the first week. I don't feel like I'm being tortured, my body feels good. It becomes more about eating lots of healthy food rather than eating as little as possible. I currently am eating 1755 calories a day (but should probably be eating more, but hey I'm not perfect yet :) Give it a shot and feel free to add me :) At any rate, good luck and keep at it, you're not giving up because you keep coming back. Giving up would be never coming back.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm sure you can lose 29lb using mfp no problem. I would't expect to see it gone by the end of August though. Add me if you'd like any support x
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Helen, I also need friends for support and motivation. I have several friends on my list but they either are not faithful to logging in or not motivational to me. I love to motivate and encourage. I am going to send you a friend request. Anyone else on here who is serious about being healthy and wanting encouragement and to give encouragment, please send me a friend request. I so need some friends. The areas that I need help in is to encourage me on drinking more water. I live in Texas and I definitely need to drink my water in this Texas heat. I also need to get more exercise in my regimine. I am trying to think of things to get me going. Use to be a gym junkie, wish I could get back to that state of mind. Any of my current friends that see this post, please know that I am not talking about all my MFP that are not motivational because I do have a couple of you that keep me motivated and I look forward to your encouraging words.
  • LizAWDavis
    LizAWDavis Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi add me if you like. I started wwatchers online last Nov lost 2 stone 3lbs but last 4/5 months haven't really lost anything, lost poind gained a pouns etc. A friend told me about this site and |I must say I am loving it! Wish I knew about it before! I have 22lbs to get to my goal and go on hols to Portugal in 5 and half weeks time and really want to be close as poss to my target weight and know I have to exercise more to achieve this. Hopefully we can motivate each other! Liz
  • HAP63
    HAP63 Posts: 5
    Options
    I need a buddy too! I'm moving to downtown Chicago in August and I would like to be feeling good about my self when i get there!
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Feel free to add me.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You'll love this site because it's not really a diet, it forces you to change your lifestyle and monitor it, which is better for the long term and will help you keep it off permanently! As you can see there is also LOTS of mutual support! Feel free to add!
  • refeek
    refeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Add me as a friend and we can motivate each other!