"Rest" Day Exercise

Options
Alright, so I've basically made Sunday's my "rest" day where I don't do anything too strenuous and give my body a chance to relax. But at the same time, I don't want to just sit around all day, so what are some low impact exercises I could do on my rest day that won't throw me off track by too much, but will give me a little bit of a boost.

Replies

• mysterysilk
    Options
    anyone?
  • Barelytattood
    Options
    I tend to do very basic crunches and reverse crunches, as well as 10 min solutuions of Yoga and stretches...I even tend to take a leisurely walk on a bike trail...nice and easy, but still keeps me going...
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If not doing running (treadmill or roads depending on the weather) I either do nothing or take the dog for a walk. Nothing wrong with a down day.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    go to the pool with your kids
  • amielizabeth1
    amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Take a slow walk, pull weeds, clean a room or two in the house... :-)
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    ...assuming you have kids, that is.

If you don't, you could probably rent some for the afternoon.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I usually do some stretching, light yoga, or pilates.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i dance around in my full coverage undies and sports bra while blasting awesome music.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    yoga, stretch, foam roller, walk
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    If you got a Wii have fun on that, exercise and fun at the same time
  • kjwillie
    kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Take a walk! Get outside. Pop in a yoga dvd from the library or do one from hulu.com. They have some free yoga workouts on there from contributors such as Gaiam and Yoga Zone.
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like to take a short walk around the block, and do 10 mins of yoga, or stretching exercise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Rest on your rest day... Your body will thank you for it....
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Sunday is a rest day for me also and i do absolutely nothing apart from my normal daily activities, for the simple reason that my workouts during the week are intense and my body needs a genuine rest. You can take a stroll to the grocery store rather than drive there, but a rest day should be a day of rest IMO
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i tend to try and relax take the kids to the park and play whatever they want and /or go to the pool but still just have fun no laps etc and then in the evening a gentle yoga before bed
  • MD1Girl
    MD1Girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have one day a week where I don't work out. I believe that we all need to take a break and give our body a break at least one day a week. I use that day to plan my menus, grocery shop, and cook ahead for the upcoming week. I usually don't stick to a particular day of the week, just do it whenever I need to. Best of luck to you! :smile:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week on average for 2 hours, with my workouts consisting of a mix of cardio and strength training.

Sunday is also my rest day, the most I do is walk to the corner shop and little light housework. I hate not being able to exercise, but I feel much better for it on Monday when I hit the gym.

Surely the whole point of a rest day is to do nothing?
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    ...assuming you have kids, that is.

If you don't, you could probably rent some for the afternoon.

I'll rent out my kids but first you'll need to give a deposit and pass a background/mental health check.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    If I'm taking it easy I will take a light stroll and enjoy nature, clean out something I've been avoiding lol, or go to a big store like Target or the mall and walk around and window shop the hell out of the place! ;)
  • HauteHauteMami
    HauteHauteMami Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually swim or walk for 60 minutes on my rest days...