A couple of C25K questions...

Options
First, how should I log it? I don't have a HRM, and can't afford one, and I have a Windows phone, so there are still not many apps available. Second, if I am doing the actual C25K Monday, Wednesday, Friday, should I do no cardio on the other days, or just walk the other days?

Replies

• RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did the program twice very successfully, with a plain electronic watch.... because you run so slowly in the beginning there is plenty of time to look at the watch on your wrist. Because there are under 30 min of moderate cardio activity in the program, you could still run a bit the other days if you want, but for the beginning I would say walk the other days so that you don't overdo it and then risk injury/giving-up.
  • 1234567kate9
    Options
    I'm currently doing C25K and when I log it I just log exactly the minutes I walked and at what speed, and how many minutes I ran and I what speed. I'm sure there are other ways people do it, but that's what I've been doing
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've started C25K, I'm on week two right now. It would probably be easier and more accurate to buy a cheap HRM (I got mine for 30 dollars at Wal Mart) than to try to figure it out on your own.

I do strength training on the days in between. If I feel like doing some cardio, I walk or pop in 30 day shred.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Before I got my HRM I'd calculate the walking and running but separately and add them up! I just used my phone timer/HRM clock, didn't have any problems (though sometimes I had to write the intervals on my hand!). I did C25K every other day (so sometimes 4x a week) and had no problems, but listn to your body - I took a break if I needed it.
    It is awesome, good luck
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing C25K and when I log it I just log exactly the minutes I walked and at what speed, and how many minutes I ran and I what speed. I'm sure there are other ways people do it, but that's what I've been doing

I do this too. I'm on week 7 and usually do additional cardio after my run but like to take the following day as a rest day or do a Body Balance (pilates/yoga) class.
  • Gemini570
    Gemini570 Posts: 8
    Options

This is what I do also. I use the app on my android phone, so I add it up off of the app notes.
    I'm currently on week 4. Supposed to do day 3 today, but I borked my knee so I'm at home resting it and be grumpy about it.

Side note - I absolutely love C25K. :)