Your favorite workout shoes

Options
AS I'VE BEEN PROGRESSING THROUGH MY WORKOUT JOURNEY, I'VE FOUND THESE TO BE MY FAVORITE WORKOUT SHOES, THEY GIVE ME THE BEST SUPPORT. I'VE GOT A NARROW FOOT, SO WITH SOME SHOES, I FEEL LIKE THEY'RE SLIPPING AND SLIDING AND I DON'T FEEL STABLE.

BUT THESE HAVE BEEN THE ABSOLUTE BEST SO FAR FOR AEROBICS, PLYOMETRICS, CARDIO, AND WEIGHT TRAINING. THEY'RE LIGHT AND I FEEL STABLE. CHECK'M OUT. YOU'RE FOOT WEAR IS VERY IMPORTANT TOO!!!

NIKE WOMENS AIR FLEX TRAINER:
http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12241816&cp=3077570.3079721.2867024&fbc=1&f=Brand/1039/&fbn=Brand|Nike&lmdn=Brand&parentPage=family

Replies

• sluedu09
    sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have Saucony Guide 5s to run in. And I love them!
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I just returned a pair of those as I have narrow feet and when done up they bunched up around the lower toe area. I have always found nike rubbish for narrow feet.

I have saucony omni10 for running shoes and have just got some adidas for cardio classes (was limited in choice as couldn't refund the nike, just replace and they had a crap selection). Am looking forward to hearing other people's suggestion for general cardio/strength classes shoes.
  • Justagirl1978
    Justagirl1978 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love my Converse All Stars - I only do weight lifting though
  • DaneDillinger
    DaneDillinger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    the greatest sneaker of all time is also the best workout shoe- air max '95. if you need more ankle support, the air max griffey's are always crazy comfortable. they are both pretty expensive at this point, but for me, well worth every penny.
  • BellaT81
    BellaT81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love my Sketchers Tone-ups. So lightweight, brilliant ankle support, very stable and so lovely to tread on!

http://www.skechers.co.uk/style/11775/tone-ups-run/bkw#Color=NVLV
  • JDI1443
    JDI1443 Posts: 9
    Options
    LOVE my Reebok pink Realflex :) So nice for running lol
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Love my Komodo Vibrams.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have wide feet so my favourites are Nike LIVESTRONG Lunarswift +2 Running Shoes
    From day 1 they were comfortable. I use them for running, strength training, and even used them hiking recently.

Plus in a non-workout related aspect, they are friggin polka dotted!!

pSPCK1-9405421v275.jpg
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just got the asics today and they are so comfy for lots of jumping around!
  • SouthernCurves
    SouthernCurves Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite pair of workout shoes are my Ralph Lauren Polo Sneakers! I love them and they are so comfortable!
  • triumvirclio
    triumvirclio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Barefoot whenever possible! I have short, wide feet with high arches and high insteps, so I have a horrible time finding any type of shoe that fits. (One of my local shoe stores knows as soon as I walk in that I'll be ordering a pair of 6.5W Munro Americans, but those are work shoes, not workout shoes.)

My favorite shoes (when I wear them) when working out at home are split sole jazz sneakers. Yes, they're dance sneakers. Those are inside shoes, though, so I have other sneakers that I wear when walking to/from work.

I have yet to find something that fits consistently, so I don't have a brand/style loyalty. I've had expensive Saucony that fit perfectly, but were too narrow when I went to replace them the next year. I gave up spending real money on sneakers after that. My last favorite pair were L.A. Gear, and my current, nearly dead, pair are Dr Scholl's. I'm currently on the quest for a new pair of walking shoes that fit.
  • robosphere
    robosphere Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm with JustaGirl78. The only shoes I take to the gym are my Chucks. Best for squats and deads
  • annabanana1786
    annabanana1786 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm actually in the market for some new tennis shoes so I'm interested in hearing people's recommendations. I currently have a pair of asics but they're very worn in so I'll need to replace them pretty soon.