I GUESS this is an NSV....

Options
Like most women, I have a "favorite" pair of jeans. I found this pair 7 or 8 months ago at Lane Bryant - they were the only ones in my closet that I really liked the way I looked in. They are trendy - and made me look thinner. At my heaviest (April) - they were starting to get tight. Grrr...

After a month and a half on MFP - They fit well again, maybe even a little loose. I could put them in the dryer. My favorite jeans and I were pals once again.

Fast forward 2 1/2 months and 22lbs. I took those jeans on a trip this week so I'd have something comfy for the plane ride home....and discovered something. As much as I liked those jeans...they are SAGGING. In the FRONT. NOT A GOOD LOOK. A rediculous look, actually. My shape is definitely changing, and I no longer need as much fabric - but particularly not in the midsection, up front. So....today, I'm saying goodbye to those jeans for the right reason.

Yea me. :)

Replies

• charmander89
    charmander89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! I know I was a little sad to part with my favorite pants a couple months ago, very bittersweet :)
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yay! Nice work!
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    I noticed my pants where to tight and refused to buy bigger ones so i have lost about 20lbs and they are fitting better again. will be really glad to be able to toss them and buy a better pair. went out the other night with my cousin and she noticed my waist was getting smaller. Cant wait until i can see it myself.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    But now you can fall in love with a NEW pair!! Just think how much fun it'll be to find sexy new ones!!

And you'll look fab :)
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Keep them for later so you can see how much you've lost!
  • kathygenuardi
    kathygenuardi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! I know one of my pushes to stick to MFP is that my summer clothes weren't gonna fit ant I ReFUSED to buy new ones... now pants that havent fit or were tight for over 2 years are fitting again. I celebrate with you my MFP friends
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Definitely a well-earned NSV. Cheers!!!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    that's a great NSV! good job!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    :cry: I know how you feel, bittersweet
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    that is great to hear....keep up the great work.
  • Sonaida
    Sonaida Posts: 17
    Options
    congratsss thats always the best reason to get rid of clothes because they are TOO big :D
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV!!! yay for you, great work!
  • athierfe1970
    Options
    Oh but won't shopping be even more fun now! I have a pair i want to get back into that i fit into before i quit smoking. I will be looking at them for quite awhile, but it is good motivation. Awesome job Kim! You are doing great! I just need you back in the office to get me working out during lunch again!! :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    lol I have this(problem??) often. It feels good!!! but then you think...oh saggy butt doesnt look good.. Just means its time for new jeans!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Of COURSE thats an NSV, and my favorite kind too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!