How skinny should i let myself get?

Options
Ok. when i joined this site i weighed 142 pounds. stubborn baby weight that wouldn't go away after having kids. before kids i was always a very small woman. i was 115 pounds before got pregnant. now i've lost 22 pounds, and i'm sitting at 120 pounds. so ideally i'd like to lose another 5-10 pounds. just curious, what people think. how much more weight should i lose. i'm 5 foot 3. people are starting to tell me they think i'm getting too skinny. whatever. lol. i'm only 120. but if i lose 10 more pounds they will probably start calling me anorexic. i dunno. I think it would be awesome if i could get down to a 100 pounds. or do you think i would be way too skinny at that point? just curious on people's opinions.

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    your question should be .....How fit would I like to be? My answer: Personally I think the scale should go in the trash and you should keep eating right and exercise until you like how you look. No one but you can answer that question
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Don't go for skinny. Go for fit. Ignore your weight for the ultimate in sexiness!
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    ok. How fit should i be. lol. people hate the word skinny around here.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    its like me asking you how fit should i be? how would you know where I feel comfortable .. .... the ultimate goal is to feel good about yourself, your weight, and everything that comes with it
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    I was thinking about this the other day. I was 172 and i'm now 158, but i'm 5'9 so i carry it off. I was aiming to go down to 150, but i think i'm happy were i am now. I dont want to lose all my curves. So i'm doing weights at the gym to tone up at the weight i am now. I think some people go to far, and lose to much. Lets face it, men like some curves on a woman. :)

21790325.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Being 5'3 as well, I would say 100lbs is too skinny. At 105 I looked a really slender (before baby #2). At the time I thought it looked good but I think I look alot better now at 114. I lift though.... which is why I look so much better.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Go for the weight that you can maintain without feeling deprived.
  • Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Start using weights :) get toned :)
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    If you weighed 115 before you got pregnant you could go back to that. I am 5'4 and 120 on me looks underweight, but thats my body. Right now I think you are at a good weight, but the 5 to 10 pounds you want to loose sounds good for how tall you are as well. Good luck.
  • joconnor09
    joconnor09 Posts: 124
    Options
    I think it's really a matter of how you feel- not emotionally or anything, but really just how your body feels. Do you FEEL strong and healthy? Or do you just feel skinny? Do you feel like you have energy? Are you worried that losing any more weight will also make you lose strength or energy? If yes, then don't lose any more. But if you feel like you're still not at your peak, then continue to adjust. It might be a matter of replacing fat with muscle- not losing any weight, but changing the constitution of that weight. Focus more on inches, how you feel in your clothes, how you feel when you work out (and when you're not working out!) If you feel comfortable and confident in your clothes, then you're probably fine. If not, adjust.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What weight were you in your avi? Ideal weight varies so much from person to person.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    In my picture up i weighed about 135 at the time. so i've lost weight since then.
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have not been under 120lbs since I was in my senior year in High School. The lowest I had ever gotten was 112lbs and that was plenty small for me. I looked like I was on the verge of being anorexic (being 5'3" with a medium frame). I think it depends on your bone structure, if you are small boned then I think you could get away with 100lbs. However, if you have a medium to large bone structure then you may look sickly if you reach that weight.
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and I weigh in the region of 101-103lbs (depending on what unit of measurement I'm converting from :@)
    I don't feel underweight, I still have belly and thigh flab which I want to rid myself of. I think I'd class myself as kinda what some people call 'skinny-fat.'
    Basically, I'd say keep going at a steady, healthy pace until you feel happy with your body, but not until you feel weak or look skeletal :D
  • dolphinlover4life
    Options
    Hey workoutgirl, just giving you my opinion, I am 5'4 1/4" & I was extremely overweight & I am down to 158 right now, Ive lost 30 lbs since March.....i want to be at 130, but i wouldnt go any lower because you need to stay at healthy weight. You dont need to go down to 100, I think that would be too much. I agree with pfeiffer (below)
  • michelle90a
    Options
    Just my thoughts, go with what feels healthy for you. Whatever weight you feel good
    at. I am 5 ft. 1 inches and currently at 106, I would like to get down to 100lbs, I am very small boned and I have felt good at that weight. So go with what feels good to you.