A few questions PLEASE HELP

Options
Some of these are simple and some are really worrying.

Before I begin, let me sat I drink nothing but water, and my sugar and salt intakes are generally on the low side.

I have three questions, one of which is urgent.

First of all, what could be causing these headaches I've been having?
It's not all that uncommon for me to get a headache every week or two, but recently I've been getting them every other day, and sometimes several days in a row.

Secondly, I sometimes get the most awful cramps in my lower abdomen. Ladies, they feel kind of like menstrual cramps but more widespread. I should also probably add that mine aren't very severe.. I wonder if that's abnormal too... What could either of these be?

And third.. this is the concerning one.
If I bend or stand too quickly, the edges of my vision go black for a minute and I get the slightest bit dizzy, or I get a huge headache that makes me feel like tons of pressure is building up on my poor brain. Sometimes it's both at once. Thankfully, they fade quickly, but I can't help but be concerned that something is neurologically wrong with me.

A fourth question... Could any of these be related to me going on my diet? None of this has ever happened before then.

Anything, even a word of encouragement, would be nice. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• spipit1
    spipit1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you been to a doctor? If not, definitely make an appt.! I hope you feel better soon.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Definately 3 questions for a doctor
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    Go see a doctor, not the internet!! Messageboards are NOT, repeat NOT, a source of medical advice, people.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Start taking some vitamins, and eating more. Sounds like you aren't eating enough. Def. go to the dr.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Call your doctor!
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    the headache/pressure sounds neurological...see your doctor asap - these things aren't normal!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You sound dehydrated , headaches will happen at first as your cutting carbs down if you ate lots before then the worse it'll be But see your doctor as no one can diagnose you here x
  • ClariNevermore
    Options
    I didn't think it'd be that much cause for concern.. Now I'm really worried. I don't have a doctor (the reason I posted here) but I'll do what I can to get one.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Those all sound like me when I don't eat enough.

But please, take everyone's advice and go see your doctor about this. Maybe you need to come up with a diet plan with him.
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    not uncommon to stand and get what I call a "black rush", something about getting up to quickly and amount of blood flow to the brain... I don't believe it's any thing to be alarmed about, but not a dr.
  • ClariNevermore
    Options
    Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'll have my sister help make an appointment as soon as she gets off work.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You may be anemic but it could be something more sinister.

Please go to the doctors.

Headaches and belly problems can be quite common when starting a diet, especially if you are cutting out a food you have eaten for a long time or reducing caffeine for example but go to the docs!

x
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Definitely go see a doctor. Anytime you have changes like those, esp when it sticks around, you should go see your doctor. Your food diary is closed. I would print out the last week or so of your food diary and take that to your medical appt with you so the doc can see your diet and exercise patterns.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Some of these are simple and some are really worrying.

Before I begin, let me sat I drink nothing but water, and my sugar and salt intakes are generally on the low side.

I have three questions, one of which is urgent.

First of all, what could be causing these headaches I've been having?
    It's not all that uncommon for me to get a headache every week or two, but recently I've been getting them every other day, and sometimes several days in a row.

Secondly, I sometimes get the most awful cramps in my lower abdomen. Ladies, they feel kind of like menstrual cramps but more widespread. I should also probably add that mine aren't very severe.. I wonder if that's abnormal too... What could either of these be?

And third.. this is the concerning one.
    If I bend or stand too quickly, the edges of my vision go black for a minute and I get the slightest bit dizzy, or I get a huge headache that makes me feel like tons of pressure is building up on my poor brain. Sometimes it's both at once. Thankfully, they fade quickly, but I can't help but be concerned that something is neurologically wrong with me.

A fourth question... Could any of these be related to me going on my diet? None of this has ever happened before then.

Anything, even a word of encouragement, would be nice. Thanks for reading.

Absolutely, talk to your doctor!

I personally have had my vision go black (especially when I first get up in the morning, quickly) and my son has the same issue. We know that we both have low blood pressure... I crave salt in a family that tells me NOT to. My doctor told me and hubby, that I should NOT be afraid to eat salt... My body needs it to survive...who knew?! :)

Just because people on this forum have same symptoms - can be totally different causes. Call your doctor!
  • ClariNevermore
    Options
    Thanks. I'm going to go to the doctor as soon as I can.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Could be migraine, could be a deficiency, like iron - I am sure it is nothing to worry about but check yourself out with a doctor:)
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it'd be that much cause for concern.. Now I'm really worried. I don't have a doctor (the reason I posted here) but I'll do what I can to get one.

You should not have problems find one from the local Medical facility or Hospital. If you have med insurance, call to get info who is covered.

See him first. 90% of opinions(including mine) are personal and you SHOULD NOT gauge your condition based on our responses.

With that said, here are my $0.02

Headache - COULD be dehydration. Make sure you drink plenty water. When I say plenty, you should go urinate more often than you usually do and the color of urine should NOT be yellow.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Do you have a CVS near you? At the very least try the minute clinic. If they cant diagnose you mabe they can get you a referal to get you into a doctors office
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been having similar issues. I went to my doctor and after seeing my weightloss and my low blood pressure he put me through some tests, found out I have a VERY low B12 count. Maybe you are the same??
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You need to go to a doctor and get a check up.