I want this to be my last attempt

Options
I really suck at this whole healthy eating/exercise thing. I start off really well, then it fizzles out. The only time I seem to be able to lose weight is when I'm physically attending a class (Slimming World was my thing, but I'm sure WW would do it too) I don't believe it's the diet that helps me, but the support group.

I guess what I'm in search of are some new friends who are willing to hunt me down if I don't log in, people who are active on MFP and full of encouraging words.

I want to do this, I want to be healthy. My road block is that I don't feel unhealthy and I don't entirely hate how I look so I don't feel this urgent need to lose weight (and I really should). My Mum is hugely obese and has been through gastric bypass surgery, it nearly killed her. I don't want that to be me in 20yrs time.

Help!

Replies

• cassmonster
    cassmonster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I like to be an active friend to my pals on here!! I have 50 pounds to lose, have lost 50 lbs already. I am a busy married mom of 3 daughters who works full time outside of the house......just to give you a little background if you choose to add me :)Good luck on your journey!!!
  • laymon23
    laymon23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Added you.

Maybe I should give some details too.

I'm 33yrs, married and have 2 daughters (3yrs and 5yrs), I'm currently a SAHM but only since having my 2nd daughter.

I have 2 lots of babyweight to lose. My goal isn't to be skinny, pretty etc, I just want to be healthy. I want my girls to see me as a role model and be healthy themselves. So far I've managed to hide my bad eating habits from them, but as they get older it's getting harder and harder.