Is anyone doing Nutrisystem?

Options
I'm doing a mix of Nutrisystem and my own food, but mostly NS. Is anyone out there doing it?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    MFP was all I needed to lose the weight that I wanted. :happy:
    From everything I've heard, once you start eating "real food" and not foods such as Jenny Craig or Nutra System, you gain it right back, real fast. :grumble:
  • robin09
    Options
    MFP?

People gain back weight all the time with all sorts of diets.

I was looking for a buddy, not advice, but thanks.
  • BrenNew
    Options
    MFP?

People gain back weight all the time with all sorts of diets.

I was looking for a buddy, not advice, but thanks.

MFP is short for My Fitness Pal. Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love: I guess all I needed was to see EXACTLY what I was putting into my mouth, it's amazing how fast the numbers add up with the daily food counter/log. :noway: :smile:
  • robin09
    Options
    [/quote]

MFP is short for My Fitness Pal. Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love: I guess all I needed was to see EXACTLY what I was putting into my mouth, it's amazing how fast the numbers add up with the daily food counter/log. :noway: :smile:
    [/quote]

LOL, I should have known that.

I like NS for the convenience. I don't do it for every meal every day. I've learned a lot from NS on how to put together healthy and balanced meals. I much prefer the food tracker here so thought I'd give the boards on MFP a try. :smile:
  • BrenNew
    Options

[/quote]

LOL, I should have known that.

I like NS for the convenience. I don't do it for every meal every day. I've learned a lot from NS on how to put together healthy and balanced meals. I much prefer the food tracker here so thought I'd give the boards on MFP a try. :smile:
    [/quote]

You will LOVE it here. Everyone is sooooooo helpful and motivating! :smile:
    Between the food log and all the wonderfully supportive members, losing the weight was "ALMOST" easy to do! :wink: :smile:
    I'm just too "frugal", OK, cheap :laugh: to spend my hard earned money on stuff like specialty foods or even a gym membership. :laugh:
    But, whatever works for you, go for it, and good luck to you. :smile:
  • robin09
    Options
    Just the fact that I've stuck to it this long says a lot for NS. I never stick to it more than a week. It's working for me so I'm going to keep at it that way.

Now if I could just type properly on this computer I'd be all set.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    From everything I've heard, once you start eating "real food" and not foods such as Jenny Craig or Nutra System, you gain it right back, real fast. :grumble:

Hi BrenNew :) I totally agree with you. Real food is where it's at. Nothing wrong with the convenience, but what happens when you decide to go off these ''diets"?

I just stick to the basics and make sure I get all my nutrients from food. Whole grains, fruits and veggies, dairy, protein, fibre, etc. I love cooking too so it helps! :)
  • DEBDOUGLAS
    Options
    Hi:smile: I started doing Alli because it was what my doctor suggested. I have to say that with mfp and me really reading labels and counting fat,carbs,calories I haven't used it in a month. It really makes you count your fat and not go over. It helped me. Real food is the answer!!!!:happy:
  • BrenNew
    Options

Hi BrenNew :) I totally agree with you. Real food is where it's at. Nothing wrong with the convenience, but what happens when you decide to go off these ''diets"?

I just stick to the basics and make sure I get all my nutrients from food. Whole grains, fruits and veggies, dairy, protein, fibre, etc. I love cooking too so it helps! :)

I hear you on the "real food", but, not on the loving to cook, cuz I sure DON'T! :laugh: LOVE to eat, but, HATE to cook! :grumble: I'm a pretty plain, boring cook, and any time I can get out of cooking, I DO! :laugh:
  • thewakechic
    Options
    Robin09- I've used Nutrisystem twice to lose weight. It was the best thing I have ever done. It's easy to stick to it and to keep the weight off if you continue to eat sensible after ending the food. I kept 20 lbs off for two years until I found out I have Celiac Disease and I can't eat wheat. I kind of went crazy, felt sorry for myself and ate a lot more of the things I could- sour cream, cheese, GF cheesecake, mexican food- pretty sad. I know am back on NS (the meals w/out wheat) and loving it! I've lost 9 lbs. in 3 weeks. I love that my old pants are fitting again. Stick to the NS if it works for you.
    172776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter