A few questions PLEASE HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good advice from MFP people. You should never depend on advice given here for a condition affecting your health. If you have no doctor then there must be a family health center or clinic that you can call so you can be seen by a doctor or doctor's assistant. You could be having problems with low sugar or be diabetic. Try eating an orange or drinking orange juice (4 oz) and see what happens. You should be eating enough food. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.
  • ClariNevermore
    Options
    I have been having similar issues. I went to my doctor and after seeing my weightloss and my low blood pressure he put me through some tests, found out I have a VERY low B12 count. Maybe you are the same??

May I ask what a B12 is?
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Just because you don't have a lot of refined sugar doesn't mean you don't have sugar issues. I think you should definitely see a doctor. The third issue, in particular, could be high/low blood sugar. Or, it could be something entirely different. In any case, you need to see a doctor.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I started on this I was getting headaches and like a trapped wind feeling. I take a multi vitamin now and the problems have gone. Now I dont know whether they have done that or its simply I am used to the new way of eating but its worth a try. But once again, go the doctor.
  • Xefyria
    Xefyria Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Anything related to frequent headaches and dizziness, I would definitely go to the doctor. Have your periods been regular (sorry if I'm too direct!)? It could be that your iron levels are too low. I had stroke-like headache-spells when my iron count got too low (dangerously low, the doctor said, when I actually went to see him), it was rather scary, but I'm glad it was "only that".

Like everyone else here say: Go see a doctor! Good luck! :)
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have been having similar issues. I went to my doctor and after seeing my weightloss and my low blood pressure he put me through some tests, found out I have a VERY low B12 count. Maybe you are the same??

May I ask what a B12 is?

Straight up from Wikipedia. You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12

But here is a summary:
    itamin B12, vitamin B12 or vitamin B-12, also called cobalamin, is a water-soluble vitamin with a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and for the formation of blood. It is one of the eight B vitamins. It is normally involved in the metabolism of every cell of the human body, especially affecting DNA synthesis and regulation, but also fatty acid synthesis and energy production. It is the largest and most structurally complicated vitamin and can be produced industrially only through bacterial fermentation-synthesis.

Vitamin B12 consists of a class of chemically related compounds (vitamers), all of which have vitamin activity. It contains the biochemically rare element cobalt. Biosynthesis of the basic structure of the vitamin is only accomplished by bacteria, but conversion between different forms of the vitamin can be accomplished in the human body. A common synthetic form of the vitamin, cyanocobalamin, does not occur in nature, but is used in many pharmaceuticals and supplements, and as a food additive, because of its stability and lower cost. In the body it is converted to the physiological forms, methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, leaving behind the cyanide, albeit in minimal concentration. More recently, hydroxocobalamin, methylcobalamin, and adenosylcobalamin can also be found in more expensive pharmacological products and food supplements. The extra utility of these is currently debated.

Vitamin B12 was discovered from its relationship to the disease pernicious anemia, which is an autoimmune disease in which parietal cells of the stomach responsible for secreting intrinsic factor are destroyed. Intrinsic factor is crucial for the normal absorption of B12, so a lack of intrinsic factor, as seen in pernicious anemia, causes a vitamin B12 deficiency. Many other subtler kinds of vitamin B12 deficiency and their biochemical effects have since been elucidated.[1]
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A vitamin called cobalamin. Its found in Liver and seafoods and is needed by the body, mainly for brain functioning :)
  • melissa10666
    Options
    If you're eating less than 1200 calories a day then it's likely tha you're not eating enough.
    However, I would still definately see a doctor just to be sure

Melissa x
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    We are not doctors. These are symptoms of things that are potentially serious. Go see a doctor ASAP.

ETA: I see a lot of people gave you the same advice, and you said you were working on getting to a doc. Good, I'm really glad to hear that. Let us know what happens.
  • ClariNevermore
    Options
    Anything related to frequent headaches and dizziness, I would definitely go to the doctor. Have your periods been regular (sorry if I'm too direct!)? It could be that your iron levels are too low. I had stroke-like headache-spells when my iron count got too low (dangerously low, the doctor said, when I actually went to see him), it was rather scary, but I'm glad it was "only that".

Like everyone else here say: Go see a doctor! Good luck! :)

You're fine. They're a normal as ever, though they're not normal periods.

You're very pretty, by the way.
  • ClariNevermore
    Options
    If you're eating less than 1200 calories a day then it's likely tha you're not eating enough.
    However, I would still definately see a doctor just to be sure

Melissa x

I'm eating around 1400 a day, so I don't quite think it's that but I'm definitely going to see one.
  • ClariNevermore
    Options
    We are not doctors. These are symptoms of things that are potentially serious. Go see a doctor ASAP.

ETA: I see a lot of people gave you the same advice, and you said you were working on getting to a doc. Good, I'm really glad to hear that. Let us know what happens.

I will. Since I don't know all of the rules of this place, do you know if I would post a reply on this thread or make a new one in this topic or is there a better suited one?

Thanks.
  • Myzippyboy
    Myzippyboy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I personally had this problem also and I had been to the doc many times. I will tell you for me it was being dehydrated and not eating enough threw out the day. I also had been drinking diet soda which is a huge no no. The aspartame in diet drinks make you
    hungy when youre not, dehydrate you and can cause frequent headaches. My doc recommended that if I didnt stop drinking soda all together (which I have now) that he would rather see me drink a full force one over diet any day. That should say a lot.
    Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Question 1 and 3 together make me believe that your blood pressure is getting a bit low. Eating 1000-2500 mg of sodium each day should help regulate that. Too little sodium = drop in blood pressure = blackness in vision when moving too quickly from one position to the next (most common, standing from sitting/laying)

Question 2 sounds like gas or indigestion. Are you eating NEW foods or more amounts of healthy foods than you have been previously? Sometimes an extremely healthy diet after a not-very healthy diet can cause some major gas issues.
  • ClariNevermore
    Options
    Again, I thank everyone for every bit of advice. I've been able to think of quite a few things I need to mention to the doctor that I might not have thought of on my own. I'll run it by my sister, too, before going. Ironically, she's going to school to be a nurse.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    With this heatwave coming through ( I see you are in TN ) you need to be drinking more fluids than you might be used to. You can drink only water if you want to, but mild juices (half glass OJ, half glass water), power drinks (gatorade, powerade, the like...) will help replenish some electrolytes and pump a few vitamins in you.

Drink at least 8 cups of liquid and try for more in these really hot days. I saw the comments about dehydration and every time I pass out and go see the doctor, he says 'even though your BP is low and could be the cause, I say it is because you are dehydrated'

regulating my sodium / water intake has been the best help for me. but that is only if your issue is your BP being too low. I am glad you are going to see a doctor, sometimes headaches can be a first symptom to something bad and it is great if you can catch it early and kill the problem then. :)
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Let us know what the doctor has to say! It does sound a lot like dehydration to me as well.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You might want to try some cranberry pills or something like that.